Grants talk:APG/Proposals/2013-2014 round2/The Centre for Internet and Society/Progress report form/Q1
This page is for discussions related to the Grants:APG/Proposals/2013-2014 round2/The Centre for Internet and Society/Progress report form/Q1 page.
Please remember to:
Delay in the Submission Quarterly Report 1
The quarterly report for the period July-September, 2014 was delayed for various reasons. Mainly because we spent significant time reviewing the plans based on the community and FDC recommendations. We hope to submit the quarterly report 2 soon. --Visdaviva (talk) 07:26, 13 February 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you, Visdaviva, your report has been received. We look forward to reviewing it and to seeing the Q2 report, too. Cheers, KLove (WMF) (talk) 16:47, 13 February 2015 (UTC)
Comments from FDC staff
- Thank you for describing how CIS A2K came to focus on fewer language communities than originally anticipated. We appreciate the depth and thoughtfulness with which you have approached these language communities and the associated projects.
- Congratulations on the Indic content you've helped secure under CC license, and the growth you've seen in the last quarter on Kannada Wikisource.
- Thank you for sharing the numbers you did under the "Growth" section, as well as your impact targets and some intangible impact. We also enjoyed the visualizations you provided based on active editors, number of articles, etc.
- Thank you for including the video of the Odia poet, Bhatrat Majhi, reading his poetry. It was powerful to watch.
- We also enjoyed the gif on Odia WP and learning about some of the efforts CIS has made to promote editing in Indic languages.
- Also, thank you for linking to the detailed implementation plans behind these programs; they provide useful context. Furthermore, the "journey so far" section is quite interesting to read.
Suggestions for next report
- It would be helpful to better understand the challenges you are experiencing on Tulu WP project (incubator) and what you are learning from the experience as you try to bring it out of incubation.
- In the next report, we would like to know more about how these outreach activities (gifs, videos, tutorials, etc) are being shared--and with whom--and what kind of tangible impacts, if any, you are able to trace.