Grants talk:APG/Proposals/2014-2015 round2/Wikimedia Norge/Staff proposal assessment
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Comments from Wikimedia Norge
Thank you so much for the staff assessments. It´s very interesting to read such a thorough assessments of our work!
There are a couple of achievements from Wikimedia Norge that maybe should be considered for this proposal.
- The female editing relay WMNO organized during 2014: This was an activity which we should have reported as both an activity regarding the gender gap as well as a lobbying and political advocacy activity. In the relay highly profiled women took part: the Minister of Culture, highly profiled female musicians, writers, and the Director general of the Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise and Secretary general of the Norwegian Press Association and both national radio and press covered the rely.
- We're planning to nominate this project to Wikimania 2015: The coolest projects of Wikimedia Chapters .
- May 26th Wikimedia Norge will have a meeting with an accounting firm used by many other NGOs in Norway.
- From August 2015 (depends on wether the WMNO office closes for the summer months or not) we will have a financial system that is not depending on one single board member. The newly elected chair of the board, the ED and a professional accounting firm will secure a realistic and sufficiently detailed budget (page 15: Budget) from now on. The new board of directors and staff will prioritize this.
- This applies to the sentences :
- "Wikimedia needs to grow in reflection about successes and challenges, and in its ability to budget more accurately"
- "Wikimedia does not have a strong track record of consistent or realistic budgeting"
- We also wants to once again mention the currency variation. The amount recommended for 2014-2015 in USD was $215,000 . Then the proposed change in USD is 27%, while it's 62% in NOK. It's true that we pay mostly in NOK, but since NOK has considerably lower value this also affect our budget.