Grants talk:IEG/Consolidate wikiArS to involve art schools/Midpoint
Hi David! Your report is looking good so far - I particularly love seeing the images the students are creating. Do you have a sense of when you think the English translation will be complete? (as I recall, I think you've got some translation budget for that, if finding volunteers to help isn't going as well as hoped). Let me know if there is something I can do to help keep this moving forward, so that we can complete the review and prepare for disbursement of the second installment of funds. Siko (WMF) (talk) 17:09, 19 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi, the translation of the report is finished. And the translation of some model assignments is coming soon. --Dvdgmz (talk) 13:22, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
Hi David, thanks for submitting this report! It is super informative. A few thoughts/questions:
- I particularly appreciate all of the graphics and links you included, they're really helpful for telling your story.
- The 3-person model you're consolidating is really fascinating. I wonder if you have in mind ways to measure the quality improvement from this approach as compared with approaches that didn't use that model (from the past?). It would be interesting to see in the final report some data to demonstrate if indeed quality is a better outcome from this approach.
- As you learn something different from each school, I imagine you're developing best practices to take from one school to another - are these going into the documentation on Outreach-wiki over time?
- I wonder if the Global Education folks have found solutions for the tedious task you've identified of creating pages for schools and participants on-wiki each semester. Perhaps worth checking with Wikimedians working in Education initiatives on Outreach to see if they've developed any useful methods for this that you might adapt?
- Hi Siko, thanks for the feedback.
- Yes I want to write a list of case studies showing different experiences and ways to be involved. The most detailed explanation of some cases of supervision and the corrections done by the adviser could serve to demonstrate that the quality would have been lower without it. I'll include that in final report or in a page linked to it.
- I think that a bot (or several of them) could be a solution for tedious task and future sustainability; but I'm looking forward to have inputs from previous experiences.
- Thanks for all, see you soon in Wikimania, best wishes, --Dvdgmz (talk) 08:54, 6 August 2013 (UTC)