Grants talk:IEG/Learning/2013 program
What we're doing differently for round 1 2014, as a result of what we've learned
We're trying some new things for open call to get the word out about IEG, to increase the number and diversity of proposals we receive:
- Blog post and mailing lists will continue
- Adding back in a MassMessage to all Village Pumps
- Siko is personally asking about 50 community members (committee members, past grantees, and other friends of IEG) to spread the word by:
- inviting 3 people to share an idea or proposal
- spreading the call in their networks (mailing lists, social media, etc)
- translating/personalizing the village pump posts on their home-wikis
User:Jon Harald Søby helped us get all the IEG and IdeaLab pages (+Grants:Start) into the translation system, so they're available for volunteer translation. Hopefully this will help us make info about the program more available to people around the world. We also added some text to the proposal creation workflow indicating that proposals in other languages are welcome. If we get these, we'll have them translated into English for committee review, and see how this works.
We're hosting 4 Hangout proposal clinics to offer real-time help for proposers working on their drafts. Anyone is welcome to join and give and get advice, ask questions, etc.
Proposal forms have been tweaked just a bit:
- added more tips (linking to Learning Patterns where possible)
- new question about community engagement plan
- framed idea in a "problem/solution" format to make it clearer for review
- removed some less-useful sections to streamline for proposers