Grants talk:PEG/UG MAI/Wiki Loves Earth 2016 in Nepal
GAC members decisions
GAC members who support this request
GAC members who support this request with adjustments
GAC members who oppose this request
GAC members who abstain from voting/comment
Dear Zeetendra, thank you for your request! It is quite impressive result of photo project from Nepal in the previous period - congratulations! I have a proposal for you, for a section named Measures of success. It would be helpful (and for you too in reporting time) to give concrete numbers on how many numbers of natural photographs from all over Nepal, photograph uploaded and the number of participants you expect. Also, maybe you can have some kind of edit-a-thon/competition in order to improve number or quality of articles. In Budget table, section 4.2 Meetup Space you wrote that you have other sources of funding. Below the table there is the question about other sources: Additional sources of revenue that may fund part of this project, and amounts funded. - you should fill out this part.--MikyM (talk) 16:26, 26 April 2016 (UTC)
- @MikyM: thanks for all your advice. i have filled all the section to justify the PEG proposal. Thanks--Zeetendra ») 16:22, 27 April 2016 (UTC)
The current timeline mentions the start on April 25, which already was. What is the current status? Is it running or are you postponing it waiting for this submission to be decided?
— Danny B. 00:34, 3 May 2016 (UTC)
Dear Danny, Thanks for your interest. The proposed timeline for the project is currently on and the preliminary work like
- Creating and editing commons pages with the necessary information about the project [status= Done] and
- Constituting the jury for the competition [status= working]. We are currently motivating people through social media to upload photographs for the competition. But for the further offline activities we are stuck.--Zeetendra ») 06:15, 3 May 2016 (UTC)
Hi Zeetendra. Thanks to you and the rest of the organizing team for submitting this proposal. We always look forward to the beautiful photographs from WLE in Nepal and am happy you are organizing it again this year. Please see our questions below. Once they have been answered and resolved, we can go ahead with approval.
- Please clarify on the grant page (in the infobox) if you are applying as an individual (as the page title indicates) or as the Maithili Wikimedians User Group (as said via email). If you are applying as the user group, you will need a joint bank account to receive funds (two individuals must have access to the account). If you are applying as an individual, then we can send money to your individual bank account.
- It looks like the proposed measures of success around number of photographs and number of participants are lower than in years past. We assume this is because the contest has been done multiple times and many heritage sites have already been photographed. Will you be focusing outreach efforts around new heritage sites to be photographed?
- You note that the offline jury meeting has been helpful in the past. Can you let us know why? We typically don't fund activities like these that can be done online. We would be happy to use those funds towards additional prizes (best article for a new heritage site, for example) or an editathon focused on using the photos from WLE in articles (as suggested above).
- @AWang (WMF):: Thanks for questions.
- We are applying this proposal as a group (Maithili Wikimedians User Group) and we will provide the joint bank account as soon as possible.
- This time we have decided to organise photo walks at different locations of Nepal so that photographs from different parts of country can be uploaded.
- In this regard we will do the online jury meeting but as far as editathon is concerned we are already running out of our proposed time, so we will do this later.
- Hi Zeetendra. Thanks for the quick response. I've moved the page so the name reflects that you are applying as a user group and not as an individual. If you will do the jury meeting online, please remove that line item and associated costs from your budget. Thanks, Alex Wang (WMF) (talk) 21:09, 10 May 2016 (UTC)
Post Expenses Explanation
In the grant proposal, we proposed that we are going to organize three outreach programs in Nepal to promote the Wiki Loves Earth 2016 in Nepal campaign. We were organized a outreach program before the grant fund we received due to the time shortage. We were already delayed to start the outreach because of the late grant submission. The expenses of the outreach is in line and match with the grant amount we proposed in the grant proposal.
Maithili Wikimedians reached Pokhara, Nepal to promote and aware photographers about the Wiki Loves Earth 2016 in Nepal competition. The members of Maithili Wikimedians User group organized a one day outreach program for the competition. This is first outreach program in Pokhara, Nepal related to wikimedia movement.
Photos form the photo walk in Pokhara, Nepal