Grants talk:PEG/WM IN/Bootstrap Grant/Report
Requests for changes and reallocation
Clarity on consultants
We have noted that your new executive director was hired specifically to address bookkeeping and government-liaison work, and yet you have also used (non-grant) funds to hire a bookkeeping consultant. Would you please clarify here the terms of both the bookkeeping consultant and the executive director so we may better understand how their activities may or may not overlap? If their activities do overlap, would you please provide an explanation for why both staff people were required. Thank you!Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 19:45, 30 January 2013 (UTC)
Measures of success
- I have moved B, C, and D to the correct question: "List the measures of success exactly as provided in the approved grant submission, and evaluate your project according to each measure listed there."
- Please answer the question: "Provide an overall assessment of how your project went according to these measures." This should be a brief (one or two sentence) description about how your project went overall according to those measures listed.
Amounts paid in INR vs. USD
WMF would like to clarify some accounting issues presented in this report.
- In August 2011, this grant was approved in the amount of USD 15,000, which was then equivalent to a budget of INR 675,000. Since your accounting is done in rupees, INR 675,000 is considered your total budget since this amount in INR should accurately reflect the expenses you anticipated / budgeted for this project in the local currency in which expenses were incurred.
- WMF paid expenses directly for your auditing consultant, for printing costs, and for travel for one of the EC members in an amount totaling INR 110,880. This amount was agreed upon by both WMF and WM IN in March 2012 as the total amount paid against this grant, to be deducted from the total amount granted in the grant agreement. INR 110,880 deducted from the budget of INR 675,000 yields a total due WM IN of INR 564,120 for the remaining grant expenses.
- In March 2012, INR 110,880 was equivalent to about USD 2,200 according to current exchange rates. Since this grant was requested and approved in USD, this converted amount was deducted from the original total in USD approved in the grant submission of USD 15,000, yielding a total of USD 12,800 listed in the grant agreement and sent to WM IN. In fact USD 12,800 was equivalent to about INR 660,000 at the time of the funds transfer or INR 95,880 more than was actually due (INR 564,120). The difference between this amount and the amount received by WM IN might be accounted for by less favourable exchange rates calculated by the banks and by fees charged by WM IN's bank. I have currently asked our accounting department to provide a confirmation of the total amount sent, the exchange rate used at the time of the transfer, and the currency sent so that we may be sure to accurately understand this difference, If significant fees were charged by WM IN's bank for the transfer, WMF is happy to cover them out of the budget for this grant, but WM IN should provide documentation of these charges along with documentation of the other grant expenses.
- INR 649,247 is 'still INR 85,127 greater than the amount in INR (INR 564,120) actually due WM IN to cover the remainder of grant expenses.
- Therefore, it should not be presumed, as it appears from reading this financial report that WMF underpaid WM IN. If anything, WM IN received additional funds from WMF.
Please note that WMF is still willing to repurpose these funds along with the other remaining grant funds if WM IN's request is approved (see note below). This note is here simply to clarify the financial report. Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 19:45, 30 January 2013 (UTC)
- Update regarding Item 3 and the difference in amounts sent by WMF and received by WM IN: WMF confirms that only the equivalent of USD 12,600 was sent in April 2012, which accounts for the difference between WMF's calculation of the amount sent and WM IN's confirmation of amount received: the total difference is therefore only INR 85,127 as indicated item 4. Cheers, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 19:51, 30 January 2013 (UTC)
Incomplete financial report
Please submit a complete financial report including all expenses covered by this grant, including those expenses paid directly by WMF (see note above). (We are happy to Email you details if you need them in order to complete this report.) Thank you! Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 19:45, 30 January 2013 (UTC)
A new grant request is required for the reallocation of project funds for staff salaries
Please submit a new request for the reallocation of remaining grant funds according to the instructions at Grants:Index/Submit_request. Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 19:45, 30 January 2013 (UTC)
- At WMIN's request, we have agreed to consider the re-allocation without a separate request. It was discussed on the Grant's talk page, and approved. Asaf Bartov (WMF Grants) talk 20:20, 13 February 2013 (UTC)
Please find quarterly reports from April 2012 to December 2012 at the following links: