Grants talk:Project/Rapid/AWM/Symposium 2017/Report
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Comments from I JethroBT (WMF)
Hi Ursula! Thanks for your report on the AWM symposium and edit-a-thon; I enjoyed reading over the material in the Learning and other reflections you provided in the report. I have a few questions and comments:
- It's great to see you were able to identify and take advantage of a a useful database to support this work.
- Speaking of that database, is there a way for editors who are not affiliated with AMS to use this database? For instance, it would great to be able to add it to the Women in Red resource section if possible. I expect an affiliation might be needed, and if that is the case, have you considered reaching out to The Wikipedia Library to see if some kind of arrangement can be worked out? (If you're interested in this for future work, let me know, and I can introduce you to staff at the Wikimedia Foundation who can help with getting that process started. Perhaps it can be a discussion at your next meetup as well!)
- Thanks for grabbing some photos of the event participants. Could you post a few photos of the participants on the report page here when you are able?
- In terms of reallocating the remaining funds, I'll need to the following information to approve a reallocation of the funds for January, which you can post here on the talk page:
- A budget outlining how the remaining funds will be used, including the total amount of remaining funds you will use for your activities.
- A brief description of the mission-aligned activities you will do with the funds and an explanation about how these activities are related to the Wikimedia mission.
- Please include a start date and a completion date for your activities. The start date and completion date should each include a day month, and year.
Comments from Ursula
Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF)!
- MathSciNet is available to editors whose institutions subscribe to the database. One can gain off-campus access for 90 days through the AMS Remote Access program, and there are some free tools including a collaboration distance calculator. I'll ask whether the AMS is interested in offering other types of personal access.
- I added some photos to the report page.
- We'll investigate budgeting for a meetup at the JMM and report back.
- @Ursulageorges: Thanks for your response, especially regarding the AMS Remote Access program. Just want to let you know that we'll need those details on the meetup by June 20th in order to reallocate the funds. Thanks! I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 20:50, 30 May 2017 (UTC)
- @I JethroBT (WMF): We have added the details on our meetup budget. Ursula
- @Ursulageorges: Thanks! You can deduct the $42.40 as these stickers can be provided for free through our swag page. Could you update your budget to reflect this? You can use those extra funds towards something else if you would prefer. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 19:14, 20 June 2017 (UTC)
- @Ursulageorges: Thanks for your recent changes to the budget. The reallocation of $285.23 is formally approved. After the event is finished, please provide a brief report here on the talk page describing outcomes of the event. This report will be due 30 days after the end of the project, so we'll set that due date for 2 March 2018. We'll also need you to send documentation of your expenses as before. Thanks! I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 19:15, 22 June 2017 (UTC)