Questions about your request
What a fun idea to create an intimate coffeehouse environment for editing Wikipedia! I wish I could come!
Before we approve this request, I have a few quick questions:
- How many sessions does this grant cover?
- Would you like us to help connect you with someone in the Wikimedia Foundation’s Communications Team to talk about developing a blog post, as you mentioned?
- I have some confusion about your budget table. Can you help me understand the difference between these three lines: consultant (barista); Coffee making; a cup of coffee?
I am already looking forward to reading your report about this experiment (probably over a cup of tea, since I don’t drink coffee!).
- Thanks for your observations Alex.
- We are considering two kinds of sessions, 4 mini events at cafés, and 4 at people's houses.
- I made a change from Coffee making to only coffee to reflect that part of the budget better. We will hire a barista for the events at people houses. Plus, we will get the coffee separatedly.
- About the cup of coffee, it means that we will pay the first cup of coffee at a Café during the mini event. We will provide them such a cup of coffee in one of our mugs, so they can edit on Wikipedia about the subject of their liking.
I am as excited as you are to begin. Thanks for your support! We have already agreed with the Bolivian Academy of Military History for a session at one their member's house. Regards. alhen Did you call, sir? 00:30, 13 June 2018 (UTC)