Jump to navigation Jump to search
Comments from WMF
Hi, Aneses, thank you for submitting this report and for all your efforts on improving gender-related articles on French Wikipedia. I have the following questions and comments:
- Would you please edit this report to include a list of the articles proposed and edited during the edit-a-thon? Have you used an outreach dashboard to track the articles you were editing? If so, please link to it in the report, instead. If not, please consider using one in the future. You can find more info on tracking tools here and here.
- It looks like it was challenging for you to encourage and find new participants for your event. How did you reach out to potential participants? In the future, are there things you would do differently to involve more participants and form a regular group more efficiently?
- One of your goals for the Wikimidis project was to recruit editors from groups that might be underrepresented on Wikimedia projects. Have you succeeded in doing this? If known, what percentage of the event participants belong to such groups?
Hi, DSaroyan (WMF)
- At that moment we didn't know about dashboards, so unfortunately we didn't do it. We learn about later and agree, it is a very good tool to do reports.
- To reach out potential participants we spoke about the project to different people during social events in Geneva and training events for new relocated people in the city, furthermore, we updated the project page and inform our net. The event was also appear in some local media. The importance to weekly presential events is give the opportunity to new people to come if some day they can manage to do it and receive support in what they need that day.The goal is that after this people can participate in Wikimedia projects from home at the best appropiatte time for them.
- In 2018 the majority of editors participants in the events were woman, so at that time we encourage this underrepresented group to learn to participate in wikipedia.