Jump to content

User talk:DSaroyan (WMF)

Add topic
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Latest comment: 1 month ago by DSaroyan (WMF) in topic Funded_Conferences/2023-24 for translation

Welcome to Meta![edit]

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | ပအိုဝ်ႏဘာႏသာႏ | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | Qaraqalpaqsha | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | ລາວ | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | Norfuk / Pitkern | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ꠍꠤꠟꠐꠤ | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча / tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha / ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Hello, DSaroyan (WMF). Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!

↠Pine () 22:42, 2 April 2020 (UTC)Reply

New rapid grant application for PH-WC[edit]

Hi Davit, we have a proposed rapid grant. Please check Grants:Project/Rapid/PH-WC/Bikol Wikipedia Quiz 2020. Thanks. -06:01, 9 November 2020 (UTC)

The link for my grant proposal:[edit]

https://meta.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Rapid/Umar-askira/Wikipedia_Campaign_in_Notion_Computer_Technology Umar-askira (talk) 13:39, 5 August 2021 (UTC)Reply

Grant proposal by Umar-askira[edit]

Hi David! hope you are doing well. pleasure to meet! i have sent you the link for grant proposal via email and talk. This is my first grant project proposal and i hope you will consider it as first start. This will give me more courageous capacity in wikipedia activities. I will love to put more effort and explore wikipedia especially in our communities where people have limited thought on wikipedia. Thank you and nice to meet you!

https://meta.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Rapid/Umar-askira/Wikipedia_Campaign_in_Notion_Computer_Technology Umar-askira (talk) 13:52, 5 August 2021 (UTC)Reply

Hi Umar-askira! Thanks for providing your grant application link. This is a Movement Strategy Implementation grant which will be reviewed by another Wikimedia Foundation team (Movement Strategy Team). Congratulations on your first grant and good luck with it!--DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 13:57, 5 August 2021 (UTC)Reply

Thanks alot for your concerne and updating me! pleasure to meet you! but please how can i meet them? Umar-askira (talk) 14:02, 5 August 2021 (UTC)Reply

@Umar-askira: You can reach out to them via email: strategy2030(_AT_)wikimedia.org. Thank you!--DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 14:09, 5 August 2021 (UTC)Reply

Yes! i did it now! thanks a lot. Umar-askira (talk) 14:18, 5 August 2021 (UTC)Reply

New grant proposal[edit]

Hi David! good day hope you are doing! I contact M Mustapha for support on my previous grant and he said the project is not longer valid then i change with new one and here is the link below : https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Rapid/Umar-askira/Wikipedia_Campaign_at_Notion_Computer_Technology Umar-askira (talk) 00:59, 6 August 2021 (UTC)Reply

He has changed his Username to Em-mustapba Umar-askira (talk) 01:21, 6 August 2021 (UTC)Reply

Edit a thon in Gusau Instead of Technology[edit]

Hello David! Good day and nice to meet again! Hope you are doing well! I proposed for a peoject and here is the link: https://meta.m.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?preload=Template%3AProject%2FRapid%2FApplication%2FEditathons&editintro=Template%3AProject%2FRapid%2FApplicationIntro&title=Grants:Project/Rapid/Umar-askira/Eidit-a-thon_at_Gusau_Institute_Of_Technology_Kaduna&create=Start+my+application# Thanks for your concern and pleasure to hear from you! Good bye!

Question[edit]

Hi Dsaroyan I just asked you a question on my grant page here. I would be waiting for your response soon. Thanks. Lordgentual (talk) 13:43, 1 September 2021 (UTC)Reply

I just saw and responded to it. Thank you, DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 13:51, 1 September 2021 (UTC)Reply

Template:Grants card[edit]

Hello Davit,

Thank you for this template. I'm using it to list the projects of Wikimédia France! Pyb (talk) 21:45, 20 November 2021 (UTC)Reply

Salut Pyb. The page looks great, thank you for using the template I created. I'm glad it's helpful for others too. All the best, DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 06:51, 22 November 2021 (UTC)Reply

Thank you![edit]

Hi Davit, Thank you for your clarification on my proposed Photowalk in Akuapem. I appreciate it. I will work on and clearly explain next time. Thank you once again Robertjamal12 (talk) 11:36, 23 November 2021 (UTC)Reply

Hi @Robertjamal12, thank you! And I'm sorry again for any inconvenience caused. Wishing you all the best. DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 15:46, 23 November 2021 (UTC)Reply

Can we translate Template:Rapid_Grant_report please? (translation)[edit]

Could we add <nowiki><languages /> tag to Template:Rapid_Grant_report&type=revision&diffmode=source Template:Rapid_Grant_report please? (actually translation will happen on its documentation page). I reason that the page is handy; to appoint and onboard whoever is going to write the report on the project team; to compose workflow chart, reporting is an essential part that is often overlooked; and without reporting in mind from the start, later people struggle to find evidences/dates/receipts to write the grantee report IMHO. Standing by to translate, cheers, -- Omotecho (talk) 07:39, 8 January 2022 (UTC)Reply

Dear Omotecho, thanks for your willingness to support. However, that instruction page is heavily outdated. Translating it may confuse applicants even more. We are currently working on new templates and grant/reporting workflows which will be finalized soon. We will then try to prepare instructions in more languages. Thanks, DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 12:16, 10 January 2022 (UTC)Reply
Done So wonderful update. Thank you for considering replying me, and this thread is done for me now. May good luck stay with your team forwarding on Grants restart which is such a huge task to anybody. Cheers, --Omotecho (talk) 13:52, 10 January 2022 (UTC)Reply
@Omotecho: thanks for offering your help and for your kind words. All the best, DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 14:20, 10 January 2022 (UTC)Reply

Kindly supply tech support and help finished translation go-around update[edit]

Hello, @DSaroyan (WMF), I found your name on the editing history ant wish you could look into a matter. I see a small fix needed at a segment for mw:Grants talk:Programs/Wikimedia Community Fund/en, and we need to add USD as to indicate currency for budget fitureg. The issue is that the segment has already been worked upon by many languages, where translators having added manually the lacking term, "USD". Would you kindly talk with translation people and maybe arrange the fix on your side, or not flag *update needed* as translators' circle has a tremendous amount to work on for Grants/RfC for coming Board election ? Maybe Danny or Pols12 could do the magic? If it be a tall task, then, well, yet-to-translate language translators will need to do the guess work those have been experienced by those translators who had contributed on this segment, and that is not very kind. Cheers, -- Omotecho (talk) 15:30, 11 January 2022 (UTC)Reply

Dear Omotecho, sorry for the delayed response. I just updated the original version and all translations with the confusing amounts. I also went through the page and updated any other confusing amounts adding 'USD' next to them. Let me know if you find any other issues on the page. Thanks so much for reporting! All the best, DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 10:11, 17 January 2022 (UTC)Reply
@DSaroyan (WMF), you are so kind to release task from translators' shoulders. That is a very warm and unwritten asurrance that somebody is watching/caring <3 FYI, I checked /ko page, which language I don't comprehend at all, but can see local translator has checked and everything is fine. Have a nice week, salute (kampai 乾杯 (ja) with good matcha tea (: Cheers, --Omotecho (talk) 11:21, 17 January 2022 (UTC)Reply
@Omotecho: arigato! Have a great day too! --DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 12:12, 17 January 2022 (UTC)Reply

New tables[edit]

Re [1], any chance the default setting could be uncollapsed for these please? Otherwise it's necessary to manually click 'Expand' for each row, just to see if there's anything there, rather than just being able to quickly look through the table. Thanks. Mike Peel (talk) 14:55, 22 March 2022 (UTC)Reply

Hi Mike Peel, thanks for the feedback. Sure, I'll try to do it and get back to you. Best, DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 15:09, 22 March 2022 (UTC)Reply
Hi again Mike Peel, confirming that for the current rounds, the rows will be uncollapsed. Did you also want to have uncollapsed rows for the past rounds? I'm afraid it can make the page longer but if you request, I can make all of them uncollapsed on the NWE regional page.--DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 15:18, 22 March 2022 (UTC)Reply
Thanks! For the previous rounds, I think it's fine for the overall table to be collapsed to start with, but when you expand it then it should probably show all of the subtables rather than having them individually collapsed. I'd also suggest that the Draft/Under review categories and entries on the table are deleted once there are no more proposals in those categories after the round ends, since there's no point keeping them. Thanks. Mike Peel (talk) 17:06, 22 March 2022 (UTC)Reply

My Mailbox never received Reply Letter from WMF_Grant_Help_Team[edit]

Hello David !! 我自從 2022 年 6 月 17 日用電子郵件回复您 wmf.fluxx 網站問題已經解決,從那個時間一直到現在為止,因為很多項目的說明不太明白,在元維基網站上查詢到相關的運動負責團隊公告的聯絡郵件信箱,但是一直都沒有得到任何一個管理團隊的回覆郵件,可以請您協助查詢是我的郵件信箱有問題,還是MediaWiki(維基媒體使用的軟件開發平台) 在2021年參加協作時被視為破壞,被列郵件黑名單(包含全域用戶名稱連結的郵件信箱),永久封禁登入協助平台所造成的問題。#language:zh-Traditional,ISO Language Code:zho,zh-hant Google translate: I have replied to you by email on June 17, 2022. The problem with the wmf.fluxx website has been resolved. From that time until now, because the description of many projects is not clear, I have checked the relevant sports teams on the meta wiki website. The contact email for the announcement, but I have not received any reply email from the management team. Could you please help me to find out if there is a problem with my email, or if MediaWiki (the software development platform used by Wikimedia) is being collaborated in 2021 It is regarded as sabotage, and it is blacklisted by mail (including the mailbox with the link of the global user name), and the problem caused by the permanent ban on logging in to the assistance platform。Jc.Msndy(discussion←°°or use this notification me°°→email) 05:09, 2 October 2022 (UTC)Reply

This seems weird[edit]

Hi @DSaroyan (WMF). Strange to see that the @CR-FluxxBot posted an application from Fluxx that I didn't actually submit, but deleted, and then filled a request there individually because the user group even though recognised isn't registered with local government. This is at Grants:Programs/Wikimedia Community Fund/Rapid Fund/DCW Bhopal Photo Event 2022 (ID: 21917796). Would the correct application be updated automatically at the same address? Thanks, ─ The Aafī (talk) 17:33, 15 July 2022 (UTC)Reply

Dear TheAafi, thanks for bringing this to my attention. The bot doesn't delete withdrawn applications. However, I just deleted that duplicate proposal. You can find your submitted application here: Grants:Programs/Wikimedia_Community_Fund/Rapid_Fund/DCW_Bhopal_Photo_Event_2022_(ID:_21917963). Let me know if you have any other question. Best, DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 10:10, 20 July 2022 (UTC)Reply
Dear DSaroyan, thanks for everything! ─ The Aafī (talk) 11:44, 20 July 2022 (UTC)Reply

Project report date extension email[edit]

Dear Davit. I have sent extension request to mea_rapid@wikimedia.org since 2nd November but there's no response or acknowledgement yet. (It's here too [2]) Please can you help me to check and approve? Thank you. Ibkt (talk) 09:48, 9 November 2022 (UTC)Reply

Hello Ibkt, thanks for pinging me here. Your request has been received. I will address it soon. Best, DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 10:15, 9 November 2022 (UTC)Reply

Response from facilitator[edit]

Hi davit I am reaching out to you, in response to the reply from one of our facilitators Tochiprecious who you informed us that she didn't approve to be a facilitator in our project, I want to inform you that we have ironed out the issue. And agreement is now in place. I am sorry for the inconvenience and miscommunication from our communication team. Thanks

I hope to get feedback from you soon on this regard. Best regards. Isaacayodele32 (talk) 10:38, 9 November 2022 (UTC)Reply

Hello Isaacayodele32, thanks for the ping. I just replied on the grant talk page. Best, DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 15:54, 9 November 2022 (UTC)Reply
Hello @DSaroyan (WMF)
I have just received it, Thank you for your time..
Hope hear from you soon.
Best regards Isaacayodele32 (talk) 16:05, 9 November 2022 (UTC)Reply

Translation markup[edit]

Hi @DSaroyan (WMF): I've added some missing tvars on Grants:Project/Rapid and marked it for translation. I also changed reflist to reflist-talk because I found the website link very much weird in between of the whole page. reflist-talk put it inside a box at the very end of that section. My opinion is that if there is possibility of getting more such links included there, why don't we simply add a reflist at the very bottom of article? Best, ─ The Aafī (talk) 12:08, 31 January 2023 (UTC)Reply

Hi TheAafi, thanks so much for making these changes! I agree regarding the reflist and its weird position, I'll move it to the bottom of the page. Thanks again! --DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 12:26, 31 January 2023 (UTC)Reply
Thanks Davit. ─ The Aafī (talk) 13:03, 1 February 2023 (UTC)Reply

Grants:Project/Rapid[edit]

Hi Davit, I was just checking with Grants:Project/Rapid. It needs some help with markup. I have prepared the current conversation hours. However, I had a question about past conversations. There are some which are in translation whilst others are not. I guess past ones are not relevant right now for translation. Please let me know if you need my assistance with marking them up as well. I'd be glad. ─ The Aafī (talk) 10:15, 2 March 2023 (UTC)Reply

I have another observation that you can notice from this edit. I have kept language names and dates out of translation and used codes like {{DateT|2023|2|1}} and {{lg|en}}. Having it this way not only saves us from translating dates and language names again and again, but updates the stuff by default on the translated pages. Best, ─ The Aafī (talk) 10:25, 2 March 2023 (UTC)Reply
Hi TheAafi, thanks so much for your support! There is no need to translate or mark for translation the past conversation hours. As you mentioned, they are not relevant. Thanks for your help also to mark the current conversation hours table for translation; I made one minor adjustment to it. I recently learned about {{DateT|}} and {{lg|}} templates and I use them for any new content that I mark for translation. I also like Template:LabelT and Template:Tunit a lot! Do you know any other translation templates that are helpful to avoid extra translation work? Thanks, --DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 12:01, 3 March 2023 (UTC)Reply
@DSaroyan (WMF), I also learn new things timely. If I come across anything helpful, I would surely like to share it with you. ─ The Aafī (talk) 12:44, 3 March 2023 (UTC)Reply

Grant[edit]

Can you please close Grants:Project/Rapid/UG GR/Wiki Loves Monuments in Greece 2021/Report? For some reason this is still pending Magioladitis (talk) 20:06, 14 March 2023 (UTC)Reply

Hello Magioladitis, just reviewed and accepted the report. I will send a confirmation email. --DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 08:31, 15 March 2023 (UTC)Reply

Grant[edit]

CR-FluxxBot don't done information about Kiwix fiscal partenaire in the Grant, and he delete all my wikifacation Grants:Programs/Wikimedia Community Fund/Rapid Fund/Wiki pour le droit à un environnement sain au Maghreb (ID: 22114083)#Grant Proposal and [3]. I report that to you, Can you fix that please. Thank you!Great11 (talk) 06:07, 20 March 2023 (UTC)Reply

Hello Great11, as mentioned on the top of all applications "Please do not make any changes to the page because all changes will be removed after the next update". You should not make any changes to your application after submission and any changes should be made on the Grantee Portal (Fluxx). Your fiscal sponsor information is on Fluxx and and it will be added on your grant page on Meta soon, after we complete the eligibility check. I kindly ask you to not make any changes on your application on Meta-Wiki. Best, --DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 06:18, 20 March 2023 (UTC)Reply

Wikipedia Awareness and Edit-a-thon at Sokoto State University of Nigeria[edit]

Hello DSaroyan,Thank you for your feedback,I really appreciate your effort towards your corrections on my application. I am a student of Sokoto State University and most of my colleagues and staff wants to know more about Wikipedia and I held a discussion with them and they are willing to contribute in one way or the other. I have review the budget and made some changes. I will be very glad if you put it into consideration. Thank you. Abubakar Yusuf Gusau (talk) 16:01, 30 March 2023 (UTC)Reply

Email notification[edit]

Hello Davit, I wanted to inform you that I have sent an email in response to your comments on my Rapid Fund grant proposal.-- Robertjamal12 ~🔔 10:58, 12 April 2023 (UTC)Reply

Hi Robertjamal12, I responded to your email, thanks for the ping. Please hold off making any changes to your grant until I check with my colleagues. Thanks! --DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 11:43, 12 April 2023 (UTC)Reply

Ideas...[edit]

When do you think would be the correct time to apply for a rapid grant for the next six months after this one? Sometime in June? Thanks. ─ The Aafī (talk) 15:27, 5 May 2023 (UTC)Reply

Hello @TheAafi: sorry for the delayed reply, I was out of the office. Yes, sometime in June will work. I'm still not sure about the exact timeline for the cycles, we will be publishing them soon in late May - early June 2023. --DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 06:51, 12 May 2023 (UTC)Reply

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

Updates:

  • Charter Ratification Methodology proposal conversations: The Movement Charter Drafting Committee recently held the first conversations regarding the ratification methodology for the Movement Charter. The MCDC has received valuable feedback from different communities and the Committees during the community input period. The report of the community input will be shared in May, while the updated version of the ratification methodology will be presented between September and November 2023.
  • Communication evaluation: The Communications sub-committee of the MCDC together with the support staff conducted an evaluation of the communications. The Communications sub-committee appreciates the time and input of the community members who shared their opinions during the interviews. Several recommendations are going to be implemented in the upcoming period based on the valuable input.
  • Learn about the MCDC’s work in April: The MCDC continues to draft additional chapters: The Global Council, Hubs, Decision-making and Roles & Responsibilities. Alongside the drafting work, the MCDC is planning their in-person meeting scheduled for 2-4 June in Utrecht, Netherlands with the aim of advancing the charter's content.

What’s coming up?

Subscribe to this newsletter on Meta wiki


Mistake[edit]

Not sure how I made a mistake while submitting this on Fluxx. I have fixed it on the Fluxx dashboard but I feel it merits a move here. Please could you change February 2023 to February 2024 in the title. Best regards, ─ The Aafī (talk) 04:00, 1 July 2023 (UTC)Reply

@DSaroyan (WMF), the bot has itself created the one with correct title, please delete the earlier one. ─ The Aafī (talk) 06:27, 2 July 2023 (UTC)Reply
@TheAafi:, thanks, it's done! --DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 05:39, 3 July 2023 (UTC)Reply

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

This newsletter combines content from both June and July, due to a delay in sharing out the previous newsletter.

Updates:

  • Learn about MCDC’s work in May & June: as usual, the update includes information about the meetings held by the Committee in this month, as well as about the work that was completed and the ongoing work & discussions.

What’s coming up?

Subscribe to this newsletter on Meta wiki


--12:25, 30 July 2023 (UTC).

Category:Rapid/Proposals/Movement Strategy Grants in 2021-22[edit]

Hi DSaroyan, I came across Category:Rapid/Proposals/Movement Strategy Grants in 2021-22 which seems to be a specific category for Movement Strategy grants for year 2021-22 per its name but it includes current year proposals also. If it is an error kindly fix it. Thankyou. :) signed, 511KeV (talk) 09:03, 1 August 2023 (UTC)Reply

Hello @511KeV, thanks for reporting this and sorry for the delayed response. I added this to my task list. That category should be bulk removed from submitted applications. For now, I removed that category from any new MSIG grant requests. Adding @YPam (WMF) for reference. DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 08:10, 7 August 2023 (UTC)Reply

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter: August 2023[edit]

Updates

  • Community consultation: The community consultation on the Global Council, Hubs, and the Glossary drafts is ongoing. We value your input, if you have not already, please take a moment to review the draft chapters and share your thoughts with the MCDC. We’ve posed open questions we would like your opinion on. Feel free to engage in a way that is most comfortable for you and your community. Learn more on our Diff blogs about the Global Council and Hubs.
  • Launch Party: On July 30 we hosted a Launch Party to share the Global Council and Hubs draft chapters. It was an inspiring event where we had the opportunity to listen to your feedback and address some of your questions. If you missed it, you can catch the recording on YouTube.
  • Community Conversations: We want to hear from as many people as possible. On July 16, the SWAN meeting opened its doors and offered an opportunity to interact with the MCDC members regarding the new drafts of the charter. Notes are available here. On July 28, a regional conversation with the Francophone community was held. Here comes a short summary here in English and French. Additionally, on August 2 we had a fruitful conversation with the LATAM region.
  • MCDC’s Work in July: As usual, the update includes information about the meetings held by the Committee in this month, as well as about the work that was completed and the ongoing work & discussions.

Upcoming

Subscribe to this newsletter on Meta-wiki


MCDC Support Team, 23:53, 14 August 2023 (UTC)

Request[edit]

Hi @DSaroyan (WMF): There has mistakenly remained a redlink on this report which I can't fix anymore, and I believe you can. It is in Part 1/Q3, and links to a diff blog. The prefix is wmfblog, which has mistakenly gotten mentioned as wmfblof. The correct link is Our Shared Future: Planning Ahead with Regional Communities (Part 2). Best regards, ─ The Aafī (talk) 05:02, 1 October 2023 (UTC)Reply

@TheAafi, done! The update will be reflected soon. Best, DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 10:50, 4 October 2023 (UTC)Reply

Problem with grant approval and related disruption on Wikidata[edit]

Your input has been requested on the discussion at Grants_talk:Programs/Wikimedia_Community_Fund/Rapid_Fund/Wikimedia_Awareness_in_Nafada_(ID:_22280836)#Problems_caused_on_Wikidata. Bovlb (talk) 18:11, 4 January 2024 (UTC)Reply

Hi @Bovlb, thanks for bringing this to my attention, and sorry for the late reply. I was out of the office with COVID. I'm not directly involved with that grant but I'll ping my colleagues, also to respond to your general questions regarding the program and how we work. DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 08:01, 8 January 2024 (UTC)Reply
Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry to hear about your illness. I hope you make a full recovery soon. Bovlb (talk) 16:30, 8 January 2024 (UTC)Reply

Help[edit]

@DSaroyan (WMF): I hope you are doing well. Could you please return Grants:Programs/Wikimedia Community Fund/Rapid Fund/DCW April 2024 - September 2024 Strategic Activity Plan (ID: 22446834) for editing. I mistakenly clicked submit before taking a final look. I need to re-check with some answers. Best regards, ─ Aafi @ DCW (talk) 05:15, 15 January 2024 (UTC)Reply

@TheAafi (DCW), done! Please resubmit it by the end of 15 January 2024 if possible. Thanks, DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 06:47, 15 January 2024 (UTC)Reply
Thank you @DSaroyan (WMF), you have been more than helpful in supporting our activities even though your were overloaded with a lot many. 2023 has been a nice year with your support. Its just been few days since I submitted our annual report. I always appreciate your promptness, and look forward to meeting you in any Wikimedia spaces. I am certain your friendly advises will help the South Asian community groe albeit you not being directly available to support. Best regards, ─ Aafi @ DCW (talk) 17:43, 18 January 2024 (UTC)Reply
@TheAafi (DCW), thanks so much for your kind words, and congratulations on publishing your annual report! I'm so happy to see that your organization is growing and looking forward to meeting you in Wikimedia spaces too! DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 07:50, 19 January 2024 (UTC)Reply
Thanks @DSaroyan (WMF): I have a brief request. Given the brief changes and updates to our plan at our activity plan page, we have revised our budget-plan accordingly. I have updated the excel sheet but it needs to be reflected on the grant page. Could you please update the grant page with:
  • Amount sought in USD: 4670.78
  • Amount sought in INR: 388000
I plan to make other changes in our proposed activities plan tomorrow. Thanks and best regards, ─ Aafi @ DCW (talk) 18:11, 20 January 2024 (UTC)Reply
@TheAafi (DCW), you cannot update the proposed budget after submission without talking to your program officer, especially when the update is for a relatively large amount. I recommended sending an email and requesting the amount update from Jacqueline. We will send the application back to you for adjustments. DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 08:57, 22 January 2024 (UTC)Reply
Hello @DSaroyan (WMF), I was unaware of this. Thanks for the note. I'll drop an email to Jacqueline right away. ─ Aafi @ DCW (talk) 09:11, 22 January 2024 (UTC)Reply

Translation[edit]

Good day, please some time to read Meta:Translate extension. Your actions as a translation admin to Grants:Programs/Wikimedia_Research_&_Technology_Fund/Wikimedia_Research_Fund created unnecessary amount of outdated translation when the whole chunk of text is replaced. --Minorax«¦talk¦» 13:49, 30 January 2024 (UTC) --Minorax«¦talk¦» 13:49, 30 January 2024 (UTC)Reply

Hello @Minorax, sorry if my actions caused frustration or extra work. I'll review the page one more time but could you point me to the specific diff / edit which was problematic? I always try to keep as many translations as possible but maybe I missed something? Sorry again and thanks for pointing this out! DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 13:54, 30 January 2024 (UTC)Reply

Funded_Conferences/2023-24 for translation[edit]

Hi, Davit, thank you updating Funded_Conferences/2023-24 that is very interesting for those who will think of becoming a Conference Comm member, as canvassed by 4 June 2024. (: Would you care if I try and add translation tags for that page listng Conferences in near future please? -- Omotecho (talk) 14:14, 16 May 2024 (UTC)Reply

Hello @Omotecho. Done, the page is ready for translation now. I tried to automate most of the translations but had an issue with date format when switching languages. Let me know if you also encounter that error. Thank you! DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 10:19, 17 May 2024 (UTC)Reply