|Users by language|
I am here to contribute because I believe that access to knowledge should be free for everyone.
I mostly work on English Wikipedia, but have also been quite active on Greek Wikipedia. I've been editing since 2005. I am an administrator on both English (since 2008) and Greek (since 2015) Wikipedias. I'm also a bot owner and member of the Bot Approval Group on English Wikipedia since 2014.
I am one of the developers of the open source Wikipedia-specialised editing tool AutoWikiBrowser (AWB).
You can reach me at en:User:Magioladitis
- Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario with full scholarship by WMF. (Final report)
- Wikimedia Conference 2016 in Berlin, Germany.
- Wikimedia Hackathon 2016 in Jerusalem, Israel.
- WikiArabia Tech Meetup 2016 in Ramallah.
- Wikimedia Central Eastern European Meeting-2015 in Estonia.
- Wikimedia Hackathon 2015 in Lyon, France with scholarship by Wikimedia France.
- Wikimedia Central Eastern European Meeting-2014 in Kyiv. (Final report)
- Wikimania 2014 in London with full scholarship by Wikimedia Foundation.
- Wikimedia Hackathon Zürich 2014 with scholarship by Wikimedia CH.
- Wikimania 2013 in Hong Kong with full scholarship by WikiMedia CH.
- Wikimedia Hackathon Amsterdam 2013 with scholarship by Wikimedia Nederland.
- Wikimania 2012 in Washington D.C. with full scholarship by Wikimedia Foundation.
- Wikimania 2011 in Haifa, Israel with full scholarship by Wikimedia Deutschland.
- Sysop in en.wiki
- Sysop and epcoordinator in el.wiki
- editor in ar.wiki (300 mainspace edits plus some more)
- autoreviewer and editor in de.wiki
- editor (and flood) in pl.wiki
- autoreviewer and rollbacker in pt.wiki
- autoreviewer in uk.wiki
- autoeditor and uploader in ru.wiki
- autopatrolled in fr.wiki (500 edits)
- autopatrolled in it.wiki
- autopatrolled in lv.wiki
- autopatrolled in meta.wiki
- autopatrolled in wikidatawiki
- autoconfirmed in es.wiki (50 edits)
- autoconfirmed in tr.wiki (10 edits)
- autoconfirmed in zh.wiki (50 edits)
|Collaborations to reduce gender gap||Wikimania 2016||June 2016||Watch on YouTube|
|AutoWikiBrowser localisation||Wikimania 2016||June 2016||Workshop Phabricator|
|Gender gap on Wikipedia
2nd Wikipedia Edit-a-thon
|Tech Ministry, Thessaloniki, Greece||29 May 2016|
|Why Wikipedia does not have a female point of view?||Athens, Greece||11 February 2016||Watch on YouTube|
|Wikipedia: 15 years of Free Knowledge||Wikipedia: 15 years of Free Knowledge||Corfu, Greece||29 January 2016||Organisation: Hellenic Mathematic Society|
|Facts about AutoWikiBrowser||Technical University of Athens
|7 November 2015||slides on Fosscomm|
|AutoWikiBrowser (AWB), semi-automated wiki editing||Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2015||September 2015|
|Remarks on teaching Adults using Wikipedia||Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2015||September 2015|
|Thesswiki||Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2015||September 2015|
|AutoWikiBrowser (AWB), semi-automated wiki editing||Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2014||December 2014|
|Open Educational Resources in high schools and adult education: The Wikipedia case||Ionian University
|12 October 2014||Read related article|
|Wikipedia and the free access to knowledge||Plous bookstore-cafe
|15 March 2014||Watch on YouTube|
|A Quick Guide to AutoWikiBrowser||George Washington University||11 July 2012|
|Semiautomated editing in Wikipedia: The AutoWikiBrowser case||Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg||15 September 2011|
|2014||November 15||From classical cryptography to elliptic curves||Ionian University|
|2014||November 12||Cryptography and Steganography: From Ancient Greeks to quantum computers||Second Chance School|
|2013||April 26||The three unsolved problem of antiquity||Ionian University|
|2013||April 24||The three unsolved problem of antiquity||Second Chance School of Corfu|
|2012||July 11||A Quick Guide to AutoWikiBrowser||George Washington University|
|2011||September 15||Semiautomated editing in Wikipedia: The AutoWikiBrowser case||University of Oldenburg|
|2011||March 23||DLP: From RSA to ECDLP and HCDLP||University of Oldenburg|
|2009||November 13||The discrete logarithm problem on isogenous hyperelliptic curves of genus 2||Rijksuniversiteit Groningen|
|2009||June 30||The DLP on Curves with the same endomorphism ring: The genus 2 case||University of Oldenburg|
|2009||May 19||The DLP on Curves with the same endomorphism ring: The genus 1 case||University of Oldenburg|
|2009||March 4||The DLP on Elliptic and Hyperelliptic Curves with the same endomorphism ring||University of Oldenburg|
|2008||June 5||Iwasawa's theorem||University of Duisburg-Essen|
|2008||May 8||Arithmetic of Quaternion Algebras: Orders and Ideals||University of Duisburg-Essen|
|2008||January 15||The DLP on Elliptic Curves with the same order||University of Duisburg-Essen|
|2006||May 10||Modular forms of weight 1||University of Duisburg-Essen|
|2004||June 29||Primes of the form x2 + ny2||University of Duisburg-Essen|
|2004||January 14||The main linear coding theory problem||University of Crete|
|2004||Optimal linear codes over GF(4)||University of Crete|
|2004||May 27||Primality test (Algorithms and Complexity)||University of Crete|
|2003||May 8||Smooth numbers and the quadratic sieve||University of Crete|
|2003||February 4||The main linear coding theory problem||University of Crete|
|2002||April 8||A lecture on Groebner bases||University of Crete|
- Radio interview at ERA Corfu (1 February 2016; in Greek)
Papers / Conference talks
- Magioladitis, M. & Stampoulis, K. (2016) Wikipedia in Education as a tool to reduce gender inequalities, EEPEK 2016, to appear
- Magioladitis, M. & Pagkrati, A. (2015) A full implementation of Wikipedia in the school program in a Second Chance School, pp. 2708-2713, ISBN 978-960-99435-8-1
- Magioladitis, M. & K. Skiadopoulos, K. (2015) Conclusions of the use of Wikipedia as educational mean in secondary education and in adult education, pp. 763-770, ISBN 978-960-99435-8-1
- Magioladitis, M. & Theofilatou, M. (2015) Adult Learners from the Ionian Islands of Corfu and Kefalonia Share Cultural Heritage on Wikimedia Commons and Wiktionary, CIE 2015, pp. 361-370
- Apostolaki, E., Magioladitis, M., Skiadopoulos K. (2015) The use of Wikipedia as educational tool in secondary education, Good Practices and Innovation in Secondary Education, PanHellenic Pedagogical Society for Secondary Education, 14-15 March 2015, pp. 123-128
- Magioladitis, M., Theofilatou, M., Skiadopoulos K. (2014) Open Educational Resources in high schools and adult education: The Wikipedia case, CIE 2014, pp. 465-474
Other scientific papers
- Skiadopoulos, K. & Magioladitis, M. (2016). "Information Dissemination: Minimizing the number of messages under probabilistic flooding". International Journal of Information Dissemination and Technology, 6(2), 107-110.
- Vlastarakos, P., Liori, A., Magiolaitis, M. (2015) Μελέτη της συμπτωματολογίας που σχετίζεται με το Σύνδρομο των Πολυκυστικών Ωοθηκών σε κορίτσια ηλικίας 17-25 ετών στο νομό Κέρκυρας, 13th Panhellenic National Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology, EA-083
- E. Magkos, P. Kotzanikolaou, M. Magioladitis, S. Sioutas, and V. S. Verykios. (2014) "Towards Secure and Practical Location Privacy, through Private Equality Testing". In: Privacy in Statistical Databases - PSD 2014, 17-19 Sep. 2014, Eivissa, Spain. Lecture Notes in Computer Science LNCS v. 8744, Springer-Verlag, 312-325
- Online wiki training for educators in Greece
- Two Wikimedian adult educators and an adult student present paper on Wikimedia editing at CIE2015 in Greece (December 2015)
- Greek adult school graduates learn to edit Wikipedia and inspire their peers (June 2015)
- Greek Adult school completes wikiexpedition on Greek villages (April 2015)
- Greek adult school starts a project on writing articles in Wikipedia (February 2015) (Watch on Youtube)
- Wikipedia in Secondary and Adult Education: presentation at CIE2014 in Corfu, Greece (October 2014)