Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2015
Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2015 (#WMCEE) was the fourth annual meeting of Wikimedians from Central and Eastern Europe. It took place in Estonia.
This meeting was a follow-up of the successful previous meetings in Belgrade, Serbia in 2012, in Modra, Slovakia 2013 and in Kyiv, Ukraine in 2014.
The meeting took place from the 10th of September to the 13th of September 2015 in the form of a retreat in Estonian countryside and was organized by Wikimedia Estonia with help of several individuals from other communities. The chosen form of the retreat was chosen to help participants to concentrate on the topics and goal of the meeting and hopefully increase the effectiveness of the event.
- Dates: from Thursday, September 10 to Sunday, September 13.
- Venue: Voore Puhkekeskus (Voore Guest House) Voore, Saare municipality, Jõgeva county, Estonia. Coordinates: 58.7225°, 26.755833°
- Scholarships: 2 per country, communities/chapters appointed delegates (grant proposal approved by WMF)
- Registration form: Registration was open until August 17th
- The main goal of the meeting was to promote, support and develop cross-border collaboration between various Wikimedia chapters, thematic organisations, user groups, project and other communities in the region.
Regional cross-border collaboration was promoted, supported and developed by:
Sharing of learnings from practices, success and unsuccess, as well as relevant and replicable projects.
Learning from experience of others, as well as from actual training activities.
Sharing & learning on both theoretical (panels, world cafés and discussion groups) and practical levels (workshops, project design) formed the essence of the programme of the event.