Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Art and Feminism in the Philippines Edit-a-thon
Comments from WMF
Hello, Kunokuno, thank you for your grant request, we're glad to see that you are planning to organize an Art and Feminism event in the Philippines. I have a few questions and comments that I would like you to respond to:
- We think that having 10,000 PHP Contingency expenses is not reasonable for a request with only 60,800 PHP budget. Please kindly reduce these expenses to 5,000 PHP and readjust the budget.
- How will you be monitoring and tracking the edits of the participants? If you don’t have any specific plans, please consider using the Outreach dashboard.
- Given that you have a specific topic for the edit-a-thons, are you considering making a list of suggested articles for the participants?
- In the proposal you mentioned that you will be handing out flyers and posters. Who is going to create and print those outreach materials? Have you budgeted this cost in your request?
Hello DSaroyan (WMF), Thank you for your questions and comments. Here are my answers:
- 1. Included in the contingency expenses is the budget for printing of flyers and posters. However, I can readjust it and settle with 5,000 PHP.
- 2. I will be using the Outreach Dashboard for monitoring and tracking the edits of the participants and we can use the #Art&FeminismPH2020.
- 3. Yes, I will be preparing a list of suggested articles to maximize the amount of time we can consume on editing. The list would include articles on arts and feminism issues and relevant events here in the Philippines. I will be sending the list prior to the event in order for the participants to have ample time for preparation and review of notable articles.
- 4. Flyers and posters are part of the contingency expense. My fellow Wikimedians will be in charged of creating and printing this outreach materials. Printing of flyers and other outreach materials would amount to approximately 2,500 PHP.
- Hello, Kunokuno, thank you for your prompt response. I'm glad to see that you'll prepare a list of suggested articles and use the Outreach Dashboard. If your contingency expenses also include the expenses of printing flyers and posters, I kindly request to set the printing expenses as a separate expense line in your budget thus reducing the contingency expenses.--DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 08:54, 14 January 2020 (UTC)