Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Faith Mwanyolo/Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 in Kenya/Report
Comments from DSaroyan (WMF)
Hi FaithMwanyolo, thanks for submitting this Rapid Grant report. We appreciate all the efforts you’ve put into organizing the WLF contest in Kenya this year! I reviewed your final report and have some questions about the outcomes and activities.
- You mentioned that you haven't reached the initial target of 1,000 uploaded images. How many images did you upload during the WLF campaign? Could you please fill it out in the Outcomes section?
- Additionally, could you please provide a link to the category of uploaded images on Wikimedia Commons?
- How many photos did you use on other Wikimedia projects and what kind of articles did you illustrate? Please provide some examples.
- It’s great to hear that you had new participants. How many new participants did you have in total?
- Could you elaborate on the organized photowalks? How many did you run and where, how many participants did you have in each?
Hi DSaroyan (WMF) , thank you for reaching out!
- We were only able to get 119 uploads. We unfortunately faced a 3rd wave of covid 19 in the beginning of the competition, restricting our movement within the capital, of which doesnt have much content in relation to the theme. Travel restrictions were imposed and we could not leave the capital. (I will fill this out in the Outcomes section as well).
- Find the link here : https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Images_from_Wiki_Loves_Folklore_2021_in_Kenya .
- Kenya only took part in the photo contest section of the campaign and not the editathon section.
- We have 7 new participants in total.
- We were not able to hold any in person photowalks due to the covid 19 restrictions, however, we provided a list of locations to our participants that we booked for them to visit. These include; Nairobi Museum, Kenya national Archives, Nairobi art gallery, Kitengela glass, and bomas of kenya
We had a total of 25 registered participants who reached out to take part
Hi FaithMwanyolo, thanks for your response. I'm glad to accept this final report and mark the grant as completed. The remaining funds of 220 KES can be used for other mission-aligned activities without any reporting requirements. Thanks again for your work for the Wikimedia Movement! Best regards, DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 07:03, 19 July 2021 (UTC)