Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Igbo Wikimedians User Group/Anambra Hub Monthly Meetup
Comments from WMF
Hello Uzoma Ozurumba thank you for submitting this grant application. We have looked at it and have some questions:
- The biggest part of the expenses for this initiative comes down to travel expenditures for the coordinator from Abuja. Given that the idea is to sustainably establish an Anambra meetup, we think that this event needs to be coordinated locally. Are there any Anambra users who would be willing to take up this coordination effort, instead of requiring someone to travel from Abuja? If there aren’t, then it may be a bit early in the days of the Anambra community to do this initiative.
- Can you give us an idea of the agenda for the meetups? You say that the idea is to train existing members and get members involved in projects, and we are curious about what type of training you plan to provide to the existing members.
Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 17:43, 1 April 2019 (UTC)
Response to WMF comments
Hello WJifar (WMF),thank you for your comments.
- Yes the idea is to establish sustainable meetup, but this hub is a new one so we were hoping to choose a hub coordinator from these meetups. Although we have two people in mind who will coordinate it locally, but they are new Wikimedians with zeal and skills in Igbo Wiktionary and WikiCommons. In this light, may be we would send them resources to read and see if we can put them through online if it is possible before the meetups. However, I still think someone from Abuja should at least attend one of the meetups.
- The agenda of the meetup is to:
- Train existing members in adding content in Igbo Wikipedia, and other projects.
- Discuss and brainstorm on different projects to embark on in Anambra for the purpose of awareness, adding content, partnerships and recruiting people that are passionate about sharing knowledge in Igbo language and culture with the world.
--Uzoma 08:12, 3 April 2019 (UTC)
Further comments from WMF
Hello, Uzoma Ozurumba; thank you for your responses to our questions. We have some follow-up comments and questions:
- We think that it is important to make sure that there are local capacity and interest to build Wiki communities through meetups. Could you please provide the usernames of Anambra users who would want to take leadership of these meetups?
- We are open to funding one visit from a coordinator from Abuja for the first meetup, but not the subsequent ones. Please adjust this in your budget.
Regards, MMontes (WMF)
Re:Further comments from WMF
Hello MMontes (WMF), I apologize for replying late, it is because I did not get a notification of this message in my email.
About leadership of the meetups, two persons have indicated interest, their usernames are Zanders88 and Sabina
So I will adjust the budget immediately.
--Uzoma 12:09, 24 April 2019 (UTC)
Grant request approved
Hello, Uzoma Ozurumba; thank you for your responses to our questions and for adjusting your proposed budget. We are approving your grant request. Regards, MMontes (WMF) (talk) 13:12, 2 May 2019 (UTC)
Re:Grant request approved
Thank you MMontes (WMF).