Grants talk:Project/Rapid/KIWIX OPEN DAY
Hi, BamLifa! Thank you for submitting this rapid grant request. We are currently experiencing a backlog of applications and are working to get through them as quickly as possible. Please be sure to watch the discussion page for comments and questions. If you have any questions about the grantmaking process, let us know. We're here to help you with a successful grant! LSmith (WMF) (talk) 23:51, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
Comments from WMF
Hello BamLifa, thank you for your work in reaching offline readers. I had a question regarding your budget for the different weeks.
- Can you please clarify what the budget items are for each week and what the money you're proposing is going to be used for?
- Hi WJifar (WMF). I am providing below the clarification as you want:
- WK1 ($500)
- scoping meeting: 5 pers X $15 (food & transportation) = $75
- translation (4 days): 2 pers X $15 X 4d = $120
- kiwix tuto: 2 pers X $15 X 4d = $120
- notebooks & pens: $50
- shirts: 10 X $13.5 = $135
- book editing (layout): 2p X $15 X 3d = $90
- slide: 2p X $15 X 3d = $90
- order books: 110 bks X 4.5 = $495
- validating meet.: 5 pers X $15 (food & transportation) = $75
- food for 100+ pers: $200
- usb drives: 10 X $20 = $200
- videography: $50
- transport: 5p X $10 = $50
- wire: $50
- project management (phone calls, Internet, media, coordination, prints, …): $120.
Response to budget
Hello BamLifa, thank you for your response but I have further questions.
- It seems like you have 7 people working on the project on Week 1 but you're asking for notebooks & pens in the amount of $50. That seems like a large amount to provide notebooks and pens for 7 people. Can you please clarify?
- Why do you need shirts for this project? That's a large expense. I would like to remove it all together.
- What are the books you're ordering in Week 3?
- Can you explain what a wire is under Misc?
- Hello WJifar (WMF), here are my answers.
- We will be intensively working the whole month from preparing workshop materials to delivering them, so notebooks & pens are needed.
- We usualy put Kiwix ambassadors t-shirts aveytime we organize Kiwix outreachy event. I'd propose to reduce if possible.
- By reading attentively the project, you can see that we will offer materials to participants:
- What is FLOSS which is an adaption of this
- Kiwix how to tuto
These are what I call books.
- I mean the bank fees for international transaction.