User talk:BamLifa

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | ပအိုဝ်ႏဘာႏသာႏ | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | Qaraqalpaqsha | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | ລາວ | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | Norfuk / Pitkern | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ꠍꠤꠟꠐꠤ | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча / tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha / ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Welcome to Meta![edit]

Hello, BamLifa. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!

-- Meta-Wiki Welcome (talk) 11:43, 12 March 2015 (UTC)[reply]

Thanks for your participation in IdeaLab during the Inspire Campaign focused on improving content curation & review processes from February to March 2016. I'm interested in hearing your feedback about your participation during campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating.

Immediate results of the campaign can be found here. Please feel free to review them and let me know if you have any questions about the campaign or the survey. Thanks! I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 02:31, 26 May 2016 (UTC)[reply]

(Opt-out instructions)

Thanks for your participation during the Inspire Campaign focused on outreach to outside knowledge networks from February 2017. I'm interested in hearing your experience during the campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating. I want to improve how campaigns are run, so let me know if there's something that could be done better for next time.

Please feel free to let me know on my talk page if you have any questions about the campaign or the survey. Thanks! I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 18:34, 31 March 2017 (UTC)[reply]

(Opt-out instructions)

Survey link error fixed[edit]

Hi there, there was a error with the Inspire survey link that caused the survey to be shown as expired, but has now been fixed. The link in the above message should now bring you to the survey. Apologies, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:20, 31 March 2017 (UTC)[reply]

A mistake in your description in the Foundation Board Elections 2017[edit]

Hello! I've just noticed that in the Foundation Board Elections 2017, your description has a mistake.
"...decision making on its strategies It is a real handicap that..."
I'm afraid, a period is missing between the sentences. Cheers and good luck though :-)--Adûnâi (talk) 01:28, 2 May 2017 (UTC)[reply]

You are right, thank you!
Would you mind support me?. Best wishes. --BamLifa (talk) 06:58, 2 May 2017 (UTC)[reply]

2017 Board Elections candidate interviews[edit]

Dear candidate,

Thank you for running for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees in this year's community elections. I am contacting you on behalf of the community podcasts Wikipedia Weekly and Source Code Berlin. We are sure you recognize the importance of transparency and a fully-informed community when it comes to these elections. To that end, we would like to conduct short audio interviews (under 30 minutes) with each of the candidates for publication in podcast form prior to the conclusion of the election. If you agree, we will contact you via email to coordinate the time and date of these interviews. Please let me know if you have any questions. Gamaliel (talk) 16:42, 2 May 2017 (UTC)[reply]

It doesn't matter.Do contact me then to plan it. BamLifa (talk)
Thank you for agreeing to our proposed candidate interviews, but we have decided that we will not be conducting them this year. We feel that Sunday's video interview has accomplished the goal of providing the community with exposure to the candidates and we are currently exploring ways that our potential election coverage can supplement and not duplicate that exposure. Gamaliel (talk) 18:44, 8 May 2017 (UTC)[reply]

UNESCO Challenge[edit]

Hi BamLifa,

Thank you for your contributions in the UNESCO Challenge. However, please chose images to illustrate the articles with care. Points will not be awarded for contributions that are not kept on the wiki where the contribution was made. Be careful to follow the local Wikipedia policies and please make sure to add image captions.

I suggest you go over the articles and see if you could add one or two images to the articles instead, and adjust your score accordingly.

Best regards and good luck in the Challenge,

John Andersson (WMSE) (talk) 10:34, 4 May 2017 (UTC)[reply]

Uncontrolled spending increases[edit]

(I am asking this question of all board candidates.)

In my essay at User:Guy Macon/Wikipedia has Cancer I make several proposals.

Whether of not you agree with the essay as a whole, would you be willing to propose and/or support any of the following?

  • Make spending largely transparent, publish a detailed account of what money is being spent on and answer any reasonable questions asking for more details. There is no need for you to remind us that some things cannot be published because of legal or privacy issues. I am asking whether we should be as open and transparent as possible, not asking the board to do something stupid or illegal.
  • Limit spending increases to no more than inflation plus some percentage (adjusted for any increases in page views). Are you willing to support any limit at all on spending growth, and if so roughly how much? 10%? 20%? 30%?
  • Build up our endowment and structure the endowment so that the WMF cannot legally dip into the principal when times get bad. There is no need to answer with something to the effect that either you or the WMF have good intentions. I am specifically asking whether you support making the endowment principle legally untouchable, allowing the WMF to only spend the endowment interest.

If we do these things now, in a few short years we could be in a position to do everything we are doing now, while living off of the endowment interest, and would have no need for further fundraising. Or we could keep fundraising, using the donations to do many new and useful things, knowing that whatever we do there is a guaranteed income stream from the endowment that will be large enough to keep the servers running indefinitely. --Guy Macon (talk) 14:40, 13 May 2017 (UTC)[reply]

I think your ideas are good and need to be supported.--BamLifa (talk) 07:44, 15 May 2017 (UTC)[reply]

Questions of Hindi Wiki Community to WMF elections 2017 Board of Trustees Candidates[edit]

Please go through

Thanks --Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 07:54, 14 May 2017 (UTC) (Executive Committee Member- Wikimedia India Chapter)[reply]

Good luck![edit]

Hey Abel, I'd like to wish you all the best for the upcoming FDC election. It would be a pleasure and honor for me to serve with you. Warmly, --Frank Schulenburg (talk) 03:42, 29 May 2017 (UTC)[reply]

Hey Franck. I thank you so much for your trust on me and, I think, you'll support me to achieve my goal.--BamLifa (talk) 16:31, 29 May 2017 (UTC)[reply]
I see that you're running as me. What if you vote for me and I'll do the same?--BamLifa (talk) 16:42, 29 May 2017 (UTC)[reply]

Invitation to Met Open Access Artworks Challenge (15 May - 30 June)[edit]

Met Open Access Artworks Challenge!

We'd like to invite UNESCO participants to join a new challenge on the same model, the Met Open Access Artworks Challenge. You can contribute by illustrating with images using some of the 375k photos now under CC0, starting or improving articles (try our new Mbabel tool!), or creating translations (if your language isn't listed, please ask!). You can sign up here: Met Open Access Artworks Challenge/Participants. --Pharos (talk) 18:00, 5 June 2017 (UTC)[reply]

Tech ambassadors, "take two"[edit]

Hello tech ambassador! This month has seen a good influx of new faces in this crew \o/ , so it is time to reactivate our conversations. Now that we have a pretty good coverage of so many different projects, here are some topics for your consideration.

  1. Are there further thoughts on the role itself? I hope the questions available on Meta can help spark them. Please weigh in at Talk:Tech/Ambassadors/List#Tech ambassadors, take 2.
  2. How about we try and organise future collective work in a Phabricator workboard? Talk:Tech/Ambassadors/List#A Phab workboard for us? has all the details to explore this proposal.
  3. Finally, you are also welcome to comment at, should you happen to have suggestions for the Community Liaisons team, currently wondering how to measure "Wiki projects requesting beta features and other early deployments".

We hope to be able to host a live discussion in early 2018; until then, we're looking forward to hearing from you on Meta! All the best, --Elitre (WMF) (talk), on behalf of the Community Liaisons

Getting started on Phabricator[edit]

Greetings, ambassador!

As recently discussed within this group, we are ready to experiment with setting up a project and its related workboard on Phabricator, the platform used in the Wikimedia movement for project management, software bug reporting and feature requests. It will help us coordinate and cooperate better on projects that should require ambassadors' involvement.

For the time being, I'm just asking that you please add your Phabricator nickname next to your name in the ambassadors' table (you can create an account now if you don't have one already). I will send you further information soon! Thanks for your patience as we get to the operational stage of this effort :) Best, --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 14:50, 16 January 2018 (UTC)[reply]

Création des onglets des pages sur Meta[edit]

Bonjour Bamlifa,

On peut en discuter sur ta page de discussion ici ? De quoi as-tu besoin ?

Pour l'instant, tu as ton sommaire où tu peux changer les titres ici : Mois de la contribution francophone Kisangani/2018/Sommaire

{{:Mois de la contribution francophone Kisangani/2018/Onglet|Nom la page|Image d'illustration|Titre de l'onglet|couleur (optionnel)}}

Assassas77 (talk) 09:31, 12 March 2018 (UTC)[reply]

En fait, Ceci est le lien du 1er onglet. En voulant appliquer à la page Sommaire il apparait toujours en rouge comme vous pouvez d'ailleurs le voir. Mon premier onglet n'est pas fr commme vous avez mis.BamLifa (talk) 10:18, 12 March 2018 (UTC)[reply]
Ca va déjà. Merci pour l'assistance. BamLifa (talk) 12:22, 12 March 2018 (UTC)[reply]

New Tech Ambassadors Phabricator board[edit]


You have listed yourself as an active Tech Ambassador, thank you for that!

We have recently set up a board on Phabricator so that you can learn about tasks and updates that are potentially interesting for your community, and take action when necessary. During the pilot phase we are currently in, to avoid confusion, only Wikimedia Foundation's Community Liaisons will mark tasks so that they end up in the various columns. Thanks for your understanding!

Please follow this Phabricator board (learn how to). You'll receive "notifications" for updates in all tasks listed there. In case you choose to receive them as email; we currently expect the volume to be fairly low, but in any case you can learn how to manage it.

If you have any feedback about this board, please leave your questions and comments on the Ambassadors talk page.

All the best, Trizek (WMF) (talk) 13:03, 24 May 2018 (UTC)[reply]



Bravo pour l'acceptation de ton Rapid Grant. Je voulais savoir si ça t'intéressait de faire un peu la promotion de m:WikiFundi lors de son implémentation ? Je ne me souviens plus si tu as déjà une boite et le logiciel. Est-ce que tu viens à Wikimania ?

Anthere (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 11:13, 11 June 2018 (UTC).[reply]

Je n'ai pas de boîte ni de logiciel d'ailleur. J'aurais aimé le tester car je me spécialise dans la compression de données et les tech offline vue ma population qui est en manque d'Internet de bonne qualité et en permenance. C'est fort possible que je sois là à moins que le visa me cause du tort. BamLifa (talk) 13:44, 11 June 2018 (UTC)[reply]

New community space for IdeaLab on Connect[edit]

Hi folks. If you're receiving this message, you've contributed to IdeaLab or an Inspire Campaign this year. Thanks for participating to develop ideas and review ones from other Wikimedians.

We are preparing some changes to IdeaLab and Inspire Campaigns. One of these changes is a new community space on Connect, where Wikimedians can find each other based on common activities or skills, and ask questions about the space. You are invited to join this community space for IdeaLab, especially if you would ever consider needing to find contributors with certain skills (like design or project management) or would like to offer your skills to others in our movement. To join, please proceed to Connect/IdeaLab and click on the "Add yourself" button on the right. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:53, 21 June 2018 (UTC)[reply]

(Opt-out instructions)

Do you have an idea about how to measure the health of your community? Do you want to review ideas that others have submitted? Through August 10th, we are inviting ideas on how to capture the well-being of Wikimedia communities, in terms of matters like conflict resolution, effective content creation, and being able to contribute in a collaborative environment. Ideas can be focused on either quantitative techniques, such as gathering raw data, or qualitative techniques, like surveying contributors. If you are submitting an idea, guidance is available for how to move your idea into implementation, such as through a grant or starting a Phabricator task to engage with developers.

If you're interested, consider joining the Inspire Campaign. I JethroBT (WMF) 17:13, 13 July 2018 (UTC)[reply]

(Opt-out instructions)


Hello from Boston -- have you been helping out w/ WikiFactMine? What are useful things to do? I thought I would check with you before pinging the project leads ;) Warmly, –SJ talk  19:53, 25 September 2018 (UTC)[reply]

I didn't work at all, but was interesting at the beginning. Cheers.BamLifa (talk) 12:23, 29 September 2018 (UTC)[reply]

The Community Wishlist Survey[edit]


You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.

You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)[reply]

[Wikipedia & Education User Group] Updates: November 2018[edit]


Integrating Wikimedia with education is a powerful strategy for the outreach of Wikimedia projects. Realising this concept, a group of leaders promoted this and formed the Wikipedia Education Collaborative. After some time, this evolved to become a user group, officially recognised by the Affiliations Committee in June 2018. The user group had its first board elections earlier in September. In the process to formalise activities and give a shape the user group for long-term sustainability, we are now revamping our processes. Thanks for supporting us during incubation stages, we are now inviting you to formally join the user group by following the instructions on the members' page. Being a member will allow you to be a part of this wonderful collaboration and also do interesting stuff.

Kind regards
On behalf of Wikipedia and Education UG, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:44, 10 November 2018 (UTC)[reply]

Extended to Dec: Wikipedia Asian Art Month with Metropolitan Museum of Art[edit]

Suzuri-bako, now in 11 languages!

I'd like to invite you to join Wikipedia Asian Art Month in the December extension of the sub-contest; if you write or translate just one article and include one of our images, you'll get a special Metropolitan Museum of Art postcard. And if you're one of the grand prize winners, you'll get a Met guidebook or Asian art publication.--Pharos (talk) 21:32, 5 December 2018 (UTC)[reply]

Demande de commentaires : Recommandations automatiques de sections d’articles[edit]

(Hello. Reaching out to you as you're among the "tech ambassadors" for this language. We'd really appreciate your help this week, and also you spreading the word to other experienced editors willing to lend a hand!)

L’équipe Recherche de Wikimedia développe un nouvel algorithme qui recommande automatiquement aux éditeurs des titres de sections à ajouter dans les articles. Cet algorithme utilise l’apprentissage par machine pour suggérer des sections qui peuvent être appropriées pour l’article, car d’autres articles sur des sujets similaires contiennent ces sections. Les recommandations de sections sont actuellement disponibles sur les Wikipédias en anglais, espagnol, japonais, russe, arabe et français. Nous aimerions que des contributeurs expérimentés comme vous jettent un œil à ces recommandations et fassent des commentaires pour nous aider à les améliorer ! Si les recommandations sont utiles, nous les utiliserons dans des outils pour les contributeurs qui veulent développer les articles au stade d’ébauche.

Nous avons mis sur pied une application de test qui permet d’explorer les recommandations de sections. Une fois que vous aurez essayé l’outil sur certains articles dans votre ou vos langues, commentez sur la page de discussion de commentaires en parlant de la qualité des recommandations. Vous pouvez également donner un avis rapide en utilisant l’outil.

S’il vous intéresse de participer, lisez les instructions et lancez-vous !


Jonathan Morgan & Diego Saez-Trumper, Wikimedia Foundation Research --08:22, 25 June 2019 (UTC)[reply]

Thank you for helping to create the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy Recommendations[edit]

Wikimedia 2030 Celebration Image Wikimedia 2030
Your work to organize the strategy salons for the Wikimedians of the Democratic Republic of Congo User Group helped gather important community feedback and perspectives that shaped the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy Recommendations! Furthermore, your voice and contributions at the 2019 East Africa Strategy Summit were invaluable to this work. Thank you very much for everything you've done to create our Movement's future. --KStineRowe (WMF) (talk) 17:10, 23 June 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Sunday August 23: Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Strategic flock of Wikimedians heading in a new direction.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a proposed forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

The idea is to follow up on the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting and other strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 15:49, 21 August 2020 (UTC)[reply]

We sent you an e-mail[edit]

Hello BamLifa,

Really sorry for the inconvenience. This is a gentle note to request that you check your email. We sent you a message titled "The Community Insights survey is coming!". If you have questions, email

You can see my explanation here.

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:45, 25 September 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Wikipedia & Education UG membership survey[edit]

Hello! I am writing on behalf of the Wikipedia & Education User Group, in which I currently the position of membership admin. As requested by the WMF for all affiliates, we are currently running a survey with our members. We have randomly selected 30 participants in the survey, and you were among them. Yet, the email address you have provided when you have registered has bounced back. Would you mind updating your contact info, please? You can do this by either sending me an email or by filling out the membership form again. Thank you so much! Cheers. --Joalpe (talk) 20:58, 25 January 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Leadership Development Working Group: Reminder to apply by 10 April 2022[edit]

Hello, I'm reaching out to you today as you've previously expressed interest in Movement Strategy and Governance-related topics. I was hoping to share the below message with you and your talk page guests, as the call for applications for this working group ends soon.

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Community Development team at the Wikimedia Foundation is supporting the creation of a global, community-driven Leadership Development Working Group. The purpose of the working group is to advise leadership development work. Feedback was collected in February 2022 and a summary of the feedback is on Meta-wiki. The application period to join the Working Group is now open and is closing soon on April 10, 2022. Please review the information about the working group, share with community members who might be interested, and apply if you are interested.

Thank you in advance for your consideration =) Xeno (WMF) (talk) 17:25, 7 April 2022 (UTC)[reply]