- 1 2016 Community Wishlist Survey
- 2 Interviewing you about Structured Data on Commons
- 3 Wikipedia Library User Group is being renamed!
- 4 Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election
- 5 Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Nomination Phase
- 6 Updates on the user group election and #1Lib1Ref
- 7 Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting Phase
- 8 Thank you!
- 9 Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Results
- 10 Come join Wikimedia CEE Spring 2018/CEE Women again! <3
- 11 What's new from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group
- 12 Wikimedia and Libraries User Group updates and Wikimania
2016 Community Wishlist Survey
You’re getting this message because you participated in the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey and we want to make sure you don't miss it this year – or at least can make the conscious choice to ignore if it you want to. The 2015 survey decided what the Community Tech team should work on during 2016. It was also the focus of Wikimedia hackathons and work by other developers. You can see the status of wishes from the 2015 wishlist at 2015 Community Wishlist Survey/Results.
The 2016 Community Wishlist Survey is now open for wishes. You can create proposals until November 20. You will be able to vote on which wishes you think are best or most important between November 28 and December 12. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:17, 14 November 2016 (UTC)
Interviewing you about Structured Data on Commons
Firstly, I should introduce myself. I'm Jonathan Curiel with the Wikimedia Foundation, and I'm helping to work on WMF's Structured Data on Commons project. At Wikimania in Montreal, I'm interviewing Commons users about the project, and I'd like to interview you. I'd ask about implementing structured data into Commons, interacting with structured data, how best to involve the community, and other questions. Would you have 30 minutes at Wikimania? I'd try and accommodate any time you have available there.
Thanks so very much for your consideration. Appreciate any time you have. And I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
All my best,
Wikipedia Library User Group is being renamed!
Hello! In the past few months, the Wikipedia Library User Group has been undergoing some major planning and developments. We just finished our very first open call with the user group members, which was a great success (see the meeting minutes). If you joined us during the meeting, we’d like to thank you for your interest. If not, not to worry, we have lots of things planned for the user group in which you can participate.
This message is to inform you that based on the input received from the user group members and the founding members, it was agreed that the Wikipedia Library User Group’s name be reconsidered by a voting process. As a valued member of the user group, we’d like to invite you to vote on the list of potential names. You can vote by following this link. The poll will run for a timeframe of two weeks. Sent by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 02:59, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Nomination Phase
Hello again Gamaliel! As stated in our previous message, nominations for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group steering committee elections are now open and will remain open until the 9th. If you are interested and have read the instructions, please nominate yourself on the election page. Please forward your queries to librarieslists.wikimedia.org, and for private correspondence, please get in touch with one of the founding members. And finally, wishing you a prosperous and happy new year on behalf of the user group founding members! On behalf of the user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:00, 3 January 2018 (UTC)
Updates on the user group election and #1Lib1Ref
Hi everyone, two quick but important updates:
Timeline for nominations and voting
- Nominations are extended until 12 January 2018.
- Candidates will be lightly vetted by the Founding Members (excluding those who are candidates) to help form a well-functioning committee.
- Vetting will happen from the 13th up to 21 January 2018.
- Voting will begin on the 22nd of January and end on the 4th of February.
- To be able to vote, editors must have joined the usergroup before the 21st of January.
- Results will be announced on or before the 10th of February.
How you can support #1lib1ref
- Participate! Get started at m:1Lib1Ref and add a citation with CitationHunt.org
- Share the campaign on social media using the #1lib1ref hashtag
- Tell your local librarians and library-loving friends about the campaign
- Watch and share this fun explainer video
- Join the Facebook event page for updates
- Join the Wikipedia + Libraries Facebook group for news and camaraderie
- Watch and share the OCLC #1lib1ref webinar
- Read the OCLC #1lib1ref Learner Guide
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting Phase
Hello once again! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2018 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group by 21 January 2018, you are eligible to vote. As mentioned under the instructions for voters, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.
Thank you for your vote of support for me to serve on the Wikipedia Library Steering Committee. I was elected to a position and have accepted the position. I hope that I can make an impact on the steering committee and move Wikipedia Library forward.
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Results
Hello everyone! The steering committee election for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group is finally over and the results you were patiently awaiting for is here! We had many great candidates with awesome skillsets and experience, unfortunately not everyone could make it to the final eight. We are grateful to all the candidates for stepping up and boldly throwing their hat in the ring. It was a difficult choice and they made it. Now, the results. The candidates who made it to the final eight are,
On behalf of the founding members, the TWL team and the user group members, we congratulate the candidates on their successful run and welcome them to the committee. The steering committee and the founding members will soon meet to discuss the handover and next steps of the user group. Thank you--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:56, 16 February 2018 (UTC)
Come join Wikimedia CEE Spring 2018/CEE Women again! <3
Hello, Gamaliel! You receive this message because last year you took part in the CEE Women challenge. This year the challenge repeats, and it will take longer: from now until the end of May (about 10 weeks).
Please, feel invited to visit the page Wikimedia CEE Spring 2018/CEE Women and join the challenge again. Help have more notable women from Central and Eastern Europe in more language versions globally. We again have a list of ideas for biographic articles of women from all over the CEE.
What is different this year is that now you can set your own minimal number of articles as a measure of your challenge (i don't advise you to challenge yourself with more than 70 ;) 10-20 is perfect!). Also, you can receive as a prize a postcard not only from Bulgaria (as in 2017), but also from a list of countries from CEE and around the world. Apart of being a receiver, you can also opt to be a sender of postcards from your country to some of the other participants! That would also be awesome!
What's new from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group
- The steering committee invites you to participate in this poll to help the committee plan activities this year.
- The committee decided to use the librarieslists.wikimedia.org and has started making announcements on the list. Please join the list for future announcements and for internal discussions and communications.
- The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (May 14-15, 2018) is now available on Meta.
On behalf of the steering committee,
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group updates and Wikimania
If you are attending Wikimania,
- Bring your books! You can participate in the book swapping we have planned, and swap/leave your books on the table. More details here
- WLUG meetup. We'll be mingling with other librarians/Wikibrarians/activists at the Birds of a Feather Lunch: GLAM and Heritage Birds of a Feather Lunch on July 21st, 13:00 to 14:00 in the London room. Come, join us!
- For your convenience and scheduling purposes, we've put together a list of Wikimedia and library-related events in Wikimania that might be of interest to you, with time and venue.
Bon voyage and have a wonderful Wikimania!
If you are not attending Wikimania, we have you covered too!
- Please help us plan activities for this year by sharing your suggestions on how to implement the top two ideas from the poll results. The discussion is open on the user group talk page.
- The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (June 28-29, 2018) is now available on Meta.
On behalf of the steering committee,