Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Nsultan/AGM of WMBD and Wikipedia Anniversary
Hi NahidSultan. Thank you for this request. We are happy to support opportunities for the Bangladesh community to come together. Before moving forward with approval, we have a couple of questions.
- Does the community have specific issues and/org challenges it would like to address in this year's meeting? Is there a page you can link to where community members are discussing a draft proposal or ideas for the meeting?
- Last year you organized a big event with many activities, participants, and media coverage. Since those events, how have participants and new editors remained engaged with the Wikimedia projects? Specifically, what new projects were developed? Do you have any stories of new editors that have become more engaged in the community online or offline? These details help us better understand the impact of your meetings.
- The cost for t-shirts is a considerable amount. I want to confirm that they will be given as recognition of prolonged contributions of experienced volunteers.
- Hey Alex, Sorry for replying late. Please find the reply below,
- We've a number of agenda on this event. The event itself has two parts one is AGM nad the other one is birthday celebration. In the first half, WMBD members will be discussing about the possible future activities most importantly how we can actively support the local community outside Dhaka. This part of the event is also necessary as per govt. rule to have at least one general assembly once a year. Second half of the event will be the celebration. The community discussed to arrange this event in last year's AGM. Since then, the need for this event has been raised a number of offline meet-ups. We also discussed it on the mailing list couple of times For, example in this thread and our private mailing lists. The discussion of this event in Ec meeting minutes: WMBD:নির্বাহী পরিষদের বৈঠক/কার্যবিবরণী/নভেম্বর, ২০১৬, WMBD:নির্বাহী পরিষদের বৈঠক/কার্যবিবরণী/ফেব্রুয়ারি, ২০১৬ and the issue had also bben raised during December meetup. At last the community was notified in the Bengali wikipedia's village pump.
- Wikimedia Bangladesh is among the top few chapters to organize so many online and off-line events last year (2016). These everts were organized efficiently and have got huge impact online and off line. All the programs organized in 2016 was based on the community discussion that took place in the Wikipedia 15 program. In the last year’s program, the community decided to organize Wiki Loves Monuments in Bangladesh for the first time. The community also decided to spread the Wikimedia events across Bangladesh which led to the creation of 3 new Wikipedia communities in 3 divisions of Bangladesh. Because of these communities, there are now more Bengali Wikipedia contributors from Rajshahi, Sylhet, Bogra, Barisal, Khulna, Rangpur. As a result of that, it was possible to celebrate 16th Anniversary of Wikipedia this year in 7 cities across Bangladesh, namely Dhaka, Chittagong, Sylhet, Rajshahi, Barisal, Rangpur & Bogra. The activity report (2016) of WMBD can be found in here: File:Wikimedia Bangladesh activity report (2016) in Bengali.pdf (in Banglai).
- Only the active offline and online Wikimedia Volunteers (and registred member of WMBD) will be invited to the program. They have valuable contribution to on and off-Wiki. The distribution of T-shirts will be done accordingly.
Requesting additional time for preparing the report
Hi team, The report of our grant is due from 30th March. Though we've finished the programs during the grants timeline but we had to pay the due cost after receiving the money. So for obvious reason, we didn't manage to write the report before the deadline. Both of us Tanweer and me attended the WMCON in Berlin and after returning from the conference we're currently busy with WMBD's ongoing activities. Other than that we both are engaged with ongoing strategy discussion process. So it will be very hard for us to prepare the report in this month. Thus we're requesting to extend the report deadline until May 10th. Regards. ~ Nahid Talk 16:22, 13 April 2017 (UTC)