Grants talk:Project/Rapid/UG CI/1Lib1Ref 2018 sessions in Côte d'Ivoire
Hello Samuel thank you for putting together such a great project. We had a couple of follow up questions before proceeding with next steps:
- Can you describe in more detail what you hope the librarians will do once they've registered for the GLAM newsletter? Is there other ways you hope to engage them other than participating in editathons?
- Can you add in the impact section your longer term plan for the librarians in addition to the editathons?
- Hello WJifar,
- We expect them to attend User Group activities such as local conferences, photo hunts and other public activities. Beyond that, and this is has been one of the key outcomes of our local collaboration with GLAMs, these individuals will provide valuable documents such as books, reports and data that can be used for improving quality of articles related to Côte d'Ivoire. So providing documents that will be used as references is a good way for them to remain engaged too. Also, as part of eventual partnerships with the trained participants or with their entity (see recent agreement with APSID-CI), some projects around digitization of document sets are expected too as another engagement mechanism.
Hello Samuel thank you for the prompt response on this. I am approving your grant request. Looking forward to following your progress with librarians. Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 22:02, 13 December 2017 (UTC)
- "GLAM/Newsletter/October 2016/Contents/Côte d'Ivoire report - Outreach Wiki". outreach.wikimedia.org. Retrieved 2017-12-13.
- "GLAM/Newsletter/November 2017/Contents/Côte d'Ivoire report - Outreach Wiki". outreach.wikimedia.org. Retrieved 2017-12-13.