Grants:Project/Rapid/UG CI/1Lib1Ref 2018 sessions in Côte d'Ivoire
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Raise awareness among librarians and documentalists about Wikipedian and its sister projects
- Improve quality of articles by referencing statements
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- Librarians and GLAM partners in general are key actors for the User Group as they provide valuable referencing documents for our edit-athons , logistics support (room for training sessions), and are good advocate for Wikipedia before the academics and research community. The set of training sessions intend to sensitize more librarians and documentalists and turn them not only into wikipedians but also wikimedia's projects advocates.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past? The latest edition of #1Lib1ref, last january, offered an occasion to sensitize a similar audience: 7 librarians and archivists. This training led to further collaboration with librarians and GLAM partners in general. As a matter of fact this year around 30 GLAM actors are willing to attend the #1lib1ref edit-athons.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- Some participants were proposed by APSID-CI, the national association for librarians and documentalists, others were recommended by participants of the previous #1Lib1Ref session.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- As for the previous edition, participants will be registered to the newsletter of GLAM Côte d'Ivoire and will be invited to attend regular activities of the User Group such as edit-athons, uploading sessions, etc. The social media are part of the channel used to keep them engaged. The facebook profile offers a place for following up our activities.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- 30 participants adding at least one reference to a Wikipedia
- 3 edit-athons gathering 10 participants each
- 30 articles edited
- Long term: Expanding, in terms of number, our network of GLAM partners.
- Long term: Formalizing collaboration with GLAMs through agreement (eg: agreement with the APSID-CI signed on November 2017)
- Long term: Initiate digitizations projects with GLAMs
Can you add in the impact section your longer term plan for the librarians in addition to the editathons?
|Expense type||Quantity||Unit price||Total (FCFA)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|Communication / Marketing|
|Designing and printing roll-up banner||1||150 000||150 000||268,37||The roll up banner will be used for the GLAM initiative in Côte d'Ivoire|
|Printing certificates||30||500||15 000||26,84||Certificates will be granted to participants who will effectively insert at least one reference.|
|Travel / Equipment / Human ressources coordination|
|Telephone credit for coordination||1||20 000||20 000||35,79||Telephone credit allowance will be used by the project coordinator for calling trainers, participants and partners while preparing the sessions|
|Transport allowance for trainers||9||10 000||90 000||161,1||Transport allowance for 3 trainers during 3 sessions. This covers their taxi fees for reaching the training place and going back home.|
|Internet connection||1||40 000||40 000||71,57||Inclusive price for internet subscription during all the period|
|Transport allowance for coordinator||1||30 000||30 000||53,68||This allowance will allow the coordinator to move towards any necessary location while preparing the sessions. For example visiting the training space for setting up equipment, meeting and discussing with partners.|
|Coffe break||3||40 000||120 000||214,70||For 3 sessions and for 13 individuals, 10 participants and 3 trainers|
|Lunch||3||80 000||240 000||429,39|
- The Cote d'Ivoire user group has been doing really good work doing outreach to libraries, and were very effective at running #1lib1ref events that have since allowed them to develop more capacity/bandwidth for working with GLAMs in general. Astinson (WMF) (talk) 20:45, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
- The first 1Lib1Ref sessions have showed real interest of Ivorian GLAM actors for the Wikimedia movement. It will therefore be necessary to keep increasing their awareness fro they become permanent contributors. Kctzch (talk) 11:37, 26 November 2017 (UTC)
- I support that great project.Manouka (talk) 19:41, 27 November 2017 (UTC)
- Good to see a proposal for 1Lib1Ref. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 05:47, 1 December 2017 (UTC)
- i support the 1Lib1Ref project.It's a way to amplify the partnership with all librairians Yasield (talk)
- I support that project because the people taking part in 1Lib1Ref may become advocates of Wikimedia projects.Modjou (talk) 17:11, 8 December 2017 (UTC)
- I support this great project, which will strengthen the collaboration with librarians in Côte d'Ivoire. Mouahé (talk) 15:44, 13 December 2017 (UTC)
- I support that great project.Aman ADO (talk) 16:05, 15 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support I support this project that will engage several librarians to work on wikipedia and many others project
Notes & references
- "GLAM/Newsletter/October 2016/Contents/Côte d'Ivoire report - Outreach Wiki". outreach.wikimedia.org. Retrieved 2017-11-22.
- "7 librarians from Côte d’Ivoire edit women profiles on Wikipedia - Wiki Loves Women". Wiki Loves Women (in en-US). 2017-01-27. Retrieved 2017-11-15.
- "GLAM/Newsletter/January 2017/Contents/Côte d'Ivoire report - Outreach Wiki". outreach.wikimedia.org. Retrieved 2017-11-15.
- "Wikipédia en Côte d'Ivoire: 7 archivistes font leurs premiers pas | Wikimédia Côte d'Ivoire". wikimedia.ci (in fr-FR). Retrieved 2017-11-22.
- "GLAM/Newsletter/November 2017/Contents/Côte d'Ivoire report - Outreach Wiki". outreach.wikimedia.org. Retrieved 2017-12-13.