Grants talk:Project/Rapid/WCUBWA Edit-a-thon 2018
Hello Moabi.othapile thank you for this submission. I apologize for the delay in response. I had a few questions on your grant request:
- I see that you're expecting about 75 participants. Can you let me know how you're estimating that turn out? I have looked at the page you've shared as well as your facebook page and I think 20 participants might be a more accurate estimate. What do you think?
- If you agree that the number of participants should be adjusted. I believe we should adjust the estimate for food and drinks as well.
- I left a similar comment on Daisy's proposal for Art and Feminism, but I would like to know how you're estimating $250 for child care.
Hi Woubzena, no apologies for that I know you are busy with many projects on your side therefore it is understandable.
Well I will go with your recommendation of reducing the number of expected participants to 30, how about that? I hope that sounds much better. I will also adjust the numbers from the food and drinks figures. Thank you very much for your recommendations Jifar, that is very important.
As for the child care I am basically estimating the amount based on the number of hours they are going to spend.
Thank you very much looking forward to closely working with you. WJifar (WMF)
Approval with budget changes
Hello Moabi.othapile thank you for providing responses to my questions. I am approving your grant request with additional edits to your budget.
- Thank you for editing the food budget from $300 to $250 but given that we cut the number of participants in half I am going to go ahead and edit your budget to $150 per event to reflect that it's moved to serving half the number of people you initially proposed.
- I have consulted with colleagues in Botswana who have informed me that child care provided by a live-in nanny for a whole month can cost up to $110 USD. Given this information I will be editing the child care to $100 for the four events. We can revisit discuss costs for childcare on future grants depending on how many attendees you see at these editathons.