Grants:Project/Rapid/WCUBWA Edit-a-thon 2018
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Create awareness about Wikimedia projects.
- Increase members of Wikimedia User Group Botswana.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are planning to do a series of 4 events.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Through our Web page on Meta.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes. We are working with public libraries to help us with computers and internet connection.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We have our Facebook page where we usually share our work:
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? We had a meet up grant for celebration of a user group recognition, now we want to have an edit-athorn event where participants will be able to work (Add content to Wikipedia)
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events : If 4 events take place.
- Number of participants : At least 30 or more people attend.
- Number of new editors: At least 20 new members are recruited.
- Number of of articles created or improved : At least 80 articles are improve or created.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Back up internet and power supply (): $300 (This will be for hiring a small generator and petrol together with a data modem that connects at least 20 computer on the internet to avoid disappointment of internet connection shutdown)
- Food and refreshments:
250150 x 4 days : $ 1000$ 600
- Contingency cost : $ 200
- Baby or child care :
$ 250$ 100
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!