Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Wiki Takes Santana de Parnaíba
Moved to Draft
Hello Hermógenes Teixeira Pinto Filho thank you for your submission and I apologize for the delay in response. We're currently in discussion about how to proceed with funding in Brazil and until we can clarify who and what activities we can fund I am putting your grant request in draft. I will be sure to come back to this page once we've arrived at a decision. Thank you for your patience. Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 21:52, 10 January 2019 (UTC)
Hello, Hermógenes Teixeira Pinto Filho, thank you for re-proposing this project! Could you please edit it to include precise start and end dates (day, month, year)? We need those dates for our records so we can begin evaluating the proposal. Many thanks, LSmith (WMF) (talk) 02:59, 7 February 2019 (UTC)
Hello Hermógenes Teixeira Pinto Filho, glad that you have brought back this proposal from draft as we've discussed. As my colleague LSmith (WMF) mentioned we will need:
- Specific dates for beginning and end of your project
Furthermore I had two follow up questions for you:
- You have 40 t-shirts as one of your line items in the budget. Can you tell us who will be receiving these t-shirts?
- For the camera that is listed in your budget, are you planning to purchase one? If so, unfortunately, we don't allow equipment purchase on an individual project proposal.
Please let us know the response to these questions and we can proceed with next steps. Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 03:37, 7 February 2019 (UTC)
- Sorry for the late reply. Here are the answers to your questions:
- We renegotiated the dates with the City Culture Secretariat. Our first option would be the last week of June, but it was unviable because there are already two events scheduled in the cultural calendar of the city. As a result, we actually rescheduled to August 23-24-25 this year.
- We plan the use of 40 T-shirts, as our Wikimedian group is estimated to be 10 people, and the rest of 30 t-shirts will be used by local supporters, including a group of about 10 photographers.
- The intention of using the camera is to help local supporters who will receive upload training at the Commons at the workshop and participate into the photowalks. Obviously all photographers already have their own cameras, but just like I told before, the main ideia is to allow local supporters to also participate in the activity.--Hermógenes Teixeira Pinto Filho (talk) 18:15, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
Hello Hermógenes Teixeira Pinto Filho, thank you for responding to my questions. I'm glad to see that you have been able to reschedule the event at a time that works for your community. I have one more question for you.
- As I mentioned before we don't allow equipment purchase for individual grant requests. Would you be able to rent a camera for this activity instead. Please let me know and we can move forward with this grant. Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 01:35, 27 February 2019 (UTC)
- Hello WJifar (WMF), I checked the possibility of leasing equipment and this alternative did not prove viable. We are choosing to arrange cameras to be loaned by the participating photographers. In this way I request to cancel this item of our proposal. Thank you for your attention. Best Regards,--Hermógenes Teixeira Pinto Filho (talk) 03:06, 5 March 2019 (UTC)
Hello, Hermógenes Teixeira Pinto Filho; as we get ready to approve the grant, we need you to set specific start and end dates for your grant period. Best, MMontes (WMF) (talk) 17:25, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
- Hello, great news. We will start the project on August 22 and finish the activity until September 30. Thank you for your attention and I await further instructions. Best Regards.--Hermógenes Teixeira Pinto Filho (talk) 12:54, 26 April 2019 (UTC)
Grant request accepted
Hello, Hermógenes Teixeira Pinto Filho; thank you for providing responses to our questions and addressing the issue regarding the cameras for this initiative. I am approving this grant request. Regards, MMontes (WMF) (talk) 00:05, 30 April 2019 (UTC)