Grants:Project/Rapid/Wiki Takes Santana de Parnaíba
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Outreach to new readers and users
- Recruit new editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Wiki Toma Santana de ParnaÌba event includes action efforts: (1) Wikipedia Workshops; (2) Photowalks; (3) Uploading of documentary collections; and (4) Digital mapping.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Inside the wiki world, I will use at least both Portuguese Village Pump and Telegram wiki groups to mobilize at least 10 more volunteer editors (I already have 10 people engaged) from Wikimedia projects and photographers to participate. At the other side, I had already talked to professional communication team of the Municipality of Santana de ParnaÌba, and so it is proposed here that the communication activities be also carried by the professional communication team of the Municipality of Santana de ParnaÌba. They accepted and they are ready to honor their part in the project if this proposal is approved. It is important to clarify that I have already established a formal partnership with the city hall; already met with the city deputy mayor (Oswaldo Borelli), the secretary for culture (Fatima Muro) and the person in charge of the "Municipal Historical Archive". In addition, I was able to establish a partnership with Rotary in the city, through Linda Smith, an American who will be responsible for the content on Wikipedia in English, as well as the photographers Rafael Teixeira and William Amadio, who also teaches photography at the municipality.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, at least 10 of them already committed.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high-quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- The vast majority of participants already have their own electronic devices, such as computers, cameras, and GPS ones. In my proposal, I added only a professional low-cost camera so that the equipment can be used by those photographers who are without their equipment at hand.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- As I described above, the idea is to mobilize at least 10 experienced Wikimedia editors and take them to the city of Santana de ParanÌba, where over the course of a weekend they can work together with citizens that the city itself has prompted to recruit.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The workshops on Wikipedia are designed so that Santana de ParanÌba citizens develop the skills to contribute to Wikimedia projects. It is intended to contribute to the media literacy of the participants of the workshop, with short training (30 min. duration) conducted by volunteers, under the coordination of the proponents of this project. It is estimated that 5 to 10 editing workshops will be held in the context of the Wiki Takes Santana de ParnaÌba. It is intended that there be an editing center in the Historic Center with at least eight machines and a remote internet connection for laptops, which will include: a workshop on Friday afternoon, three workshops on Saturday (morning, early afternoon, late afternoon) and a workshop on Sunday (early afternoon).
It is expected that residents will come freely to the workshop space, but it is also expected that pre-defined groups have reserved participation in the workshops. Workshops will be held in other parts of the city, such as schools and universities, with prior scheduling and depending on having a computer lab with sufficient capacity to attend participants.
The photo walks are intended to register in groups well-known points and landmarks of the city. The groups will always have at least one of the volunteer editors of Wikimedia projects mobilized for the Wiki Toma Santana de ParnaÌba and residents and other interested parties. It is worth emphasizing the contact already established with the photography professors, who work in the city.
Uploading images to the Wikimedia Commons repository, which feeds Wikipedia, will ideally be held at the meeting point of the event in the Historic Center. A workshop will be offered each day to assist in loading. A priority public is formed by students of the photography courses of the municipality, current and past.
In order to carry out this stage of the project, it is imperative that the cultural and patrimonial devices of the city be opened to guarantee backstage educational records, that is, in spaces and perspectives not normally accessible. A list of priority points should be defined in partnership with the City Hall.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 250
- Number of new editors: 150
- Number of articles/items created or improved: 300
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): ??
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Resources Description Total amount Expenses
São Paulo - Santana de ParnaÌba
R$ 100 (4x) R$ 400 Expenses
inside Santana de ParnaÌba
R$ 30 (10x) R$ 300 Food For 3 days R$ 1.600 Stickers Hundreds of them R$ 200 Banners Two of them R$ 400 T-shirts 40 of it R$ 1.600 Printing Posters and other ad stuff R$ 300 Office stuff Notebooks, pens and other office materials R$ 200 Design For logos, posters and stickers R$ 300 Photografic accessories Tripod R$ 400 DSLR Profissional Cam Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR R$ 1.500 Total: R$ 7.200
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I live in São Paulo, a city that is very close to Santana de Parnaíba. So, I'm very interested in this project and would like to participate. Also, that kind of event should be more encouraged and endorsed in places like Brazil. GiFontenelle (talk) 18:02, 16 October 2018 (UTC)
- I live nearby Santana de Parnaíba and I recognize its cultural value for the state of São Paulo, so I think that this project is a great initiative. Also, the activities proposed are well organized and will certainly engage wikimedians and the local community on this project. EricaAzzellini (talk) 18:15, 16 October 2018 (UTC)
- This looks like a pioneer initiative. Very inspiring. I strongly support it. My suggestion is that reports are produced, and eventually a case study, so we can learn from this work. By the way, I have never read of anything like this, and this is just great. Good work Brazilian Wikimedians! - Darwin Ahoy! 02:40, 18 October 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you for this proposal, User:Hermógenes Teixeira Pinto Filho. I will happily contribute to disseminating the initiative and volunteer on the ground during the event. Impact for new readership is obvious and tremendous. --Joalpe (talk) 23:37, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
- The city has a rich history, no doubts that this will be an incredible event, I am very interested in being a part of it! Ederporto (talk) 00:13, 31 October 2018 (UTC)
- Santana de Parnaíba is one of the oldest cities in Brazil, and I heard there is potential to improve content related to that period, and articles related to the city itself. It would be great to improve content about early colonial Brazil on Wikipedia! Tetizeraz (talk) 10:57, 31 October 2018 (UTC)
- There's lots of potential here, as there isn't much coverage of the city on Wikip/media at the moment, and this is a promising way of filling in such content gaps in Brazil. Thanks. Mike Peel (talk) 13:57, 31 October 2018 (UTC)
- The proposal has great potential to produces an example case that can be inspire the brazilian community to improve content about our cities. Congratulations and thanks for the initiative User:Hermógenes Teixeira Pinto Filho! Ixocactus (talk) 17:50, 31 October 2018 (UTC)
- Amazing initiative, with potential gains in several projects and communities. Alchimista (talk) 10:18, 1 November 2018 (UTC)
- A city with such a relevant historical background will certainly benefit from such initiative. I live pretty close to it and intend to participate. Victor Lopes (talk) 02:40, 8 November 2018 (UTC)
- Sturm (talk) 13:18, 8 November 2018 (UTC)
- I'd really like to follow and help the project and eventually bring it to my city. --Lgjunior (talk) 21:00, 14 November 2018 (UTC)
- This is an important activity, that should already being held in Brazil, we have several gaps in illustration, and this also foster the local community, creating a path for future volunteers, building up a bolder and stronger bound between already contributors, and includes the Wikimedia Movement in the Government agenda. With the recent changes in the project, I give my full support. Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton m