Dear Dvdgmz and Rodelar:
Thank you for this thoughtful request; it is funded.
- We appreciate that your talk has been accepted as part of the conference program (and that you have included a link to this program) and that you are also seeking additional funding that you will use instead of TPS funds if you receive it.
- We also note that you are both active contributors on Wikimedia projects and that this request has been endorsed by Wikimedia Espana.
- We believe that your participation will benefit both your project (WikiArS) and the movement at large, and we look forward to learning about your participation in your report. We further appreciate that you are seeking continuity with Lila Pagola's work from last year.
Please confirm here that you are both requesting accommodation for the following nights (a total of 5 nights): 1 April, 2, April, 3 April, 4 April, 5 April. We are assuming this is the case, but it isn't (yet) entirely clear from your request.
WMF will be in touch soon to arrange next steps. Since you have submitted this request a few months in advance, we will be able to send you the funds before the event as requested. Since WMDE is on the Participation Support Committee, they will get back to you regarding your request for merchandise.
(NOTE: Siko Bouterse has decided not to be involved with the discussion of this request or a decision about this request since one of the grantees has received an IEG for WikiArS; therefore, the committee has discussed this request and made a decision independently of Siko.)
- We will arrive to the apartment on April 1th and we'll leave it on 6th morning. We've asked funds only for the days in Leipzig. David's flight is on April 7th morning and he will stay a night more in Berlin but Rubén will stay in Berlin since April 7 to attend Wikimania Conference on April 9-13; he has agreed with the organization of Wikimedia Conference the payment of the accommodation between April 7-9 instead of a flight from Spain, so is it possible to extend the per diem amount those two days (April 7-9)?.
- Regards, --Rodelar (talk) 16:07, 21 February 2014 (UTC) --Dvdgmz (talk) 16:14, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
- Hi, Rodelar and Dvdgmz:
- 1. We do appreciate the clarification around the dates of your hotel stay and clarification around your planned arrivals and departures.
- 2. While, we are indeed very glad that this grant will help give you the opportunity to attend both conferences, Rodelar, we cannot cover your per diem for the additional days when you will be attending the Wikimedia Conference since this TPS request covers only the costs of your participation in the Libre Graphics Meeting itself. If you need some per diem expenses covered for those days to attend the Wikimedia Conference, we suggest you contact the Wikimedia Conference organizers to see if they can help out with that. We are sorry we cannot be of more help there!
- I'll be at the conference, so I hope to have the opportunity to meet you there, Rodelar, and to hear how the Libre Graphics meeting went! Best, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 18:03, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
- Hi, Rodelar and Dvdgmz:
Give-Aways from WMDE
Great Request! :-) For the give-aways just drop us (Team Communities WMDE) a line at email@example.com, with what you need and where and when it should be delivered to. Cheers, --Rebecca Cotton (WMDE) (talk) 18:01, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
Please Email us
Rodelar, please Email the participation support committee at participation at wikimedia dot org, so that we have your Email address and can send you instructions for next steps. Cheers, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 18:11, 20 February 2014 (UTC)