Growing Local Language Content on Wikipedia (Project Tiger 2.0)/Support/gitartha.bordoloi
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- I'm primarily associated with Assamese wikipedia, Assamese wikisource and commons. I've also contributed towards interface translation.
- I've been a contributor for Aswikipedia for 8 and half years and currently serving as a sysop. I've done about 9000 edits in this project and helped organizing the first wiki meetup for Assamese wikipedia in 2012. Contributed to Wiki Loves Women India 2019 article writing contest.
- I've done more than 7000 edits in Aswikisource and helped bring the project from incubator in 2013. I coordinated with CIS in organizing then first Assamese wikisource meet/workshop in May this year.
- I've uploaded hundreds of images and books to commons which are being used in wikipedia and wikisource projects.
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or Chromebook)
- Primarily for contributing to wiki projects. I plan to organize a few wiki meets/workshops this year in different districts of Assam and a lightweight Chromebook with internet connection would be of great help.
Do you have a working laptop?
- Yes, I have (with a few defects).
Had you received the support in the first iteration of Project Tiger?
How will you use this in the next six months?
- For Project Tiger 2.0
- As stated above I plan to organize some outreach activities for wikipedia and wikisource.
- For a possible wikipedia editathon in the next few months.
- Planning to initiate audiobook project for aswikisource.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Support দিব্য দত্ত (talk) 14:04, 29 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support 2409:4065:481:F3C3:315A:C78A:B356:C58B 14:06, 29 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support অজয় দাস (talk) 14:10, 29 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support নয়ন জ্যোতি নাথ (talk) 14:16, 29 August 2019 (UTC)
- SupportBhaskarjyoti Bhuyan (talk) 14:17, 29 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support Manjil Konwar (talk) 14:41, 29 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support--ঈশান জ্যোতি বৰা (talk) 15:13, 29 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support অনামিকা(চুমু) বড়া (talk) 15:43, 29 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support Ani ttbr (talk) 13:34, 1 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support-R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (talk) 20:44, 8 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support-- I came to know abt him in Wiki loves Women project. IMO, the reason behind this application is much more for reaching wikipedians residing in remote places than individual use and we hv to give more support to the editors/ leaders from community like Assamese and Santhali.-- Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 07:04, 12 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support-- Upcoming Leader of Asamese Wiki. --Sushant savla (talk) 14:00, 15 September 2019 (UTC)