|Kashmiri Wikimedians User Group|
|Location||Global Online Community-based|
|Founding date||October 3, 2021|
|Approval date||July 27, 2022|
|Motto||Promoting Wikimedia projects in Kashmiri languages|
Kashmiri Wikimedians User Group is an AffCom-recognised regional user group representing Wikimedians who speak the Kashmiri language, an Indo-Aryan language spoken in Kashmir and elsewhere in surrounding parts. The group aims to enrich Wikimedia projects in the Kashmiri language, particularly the Kashmiri Wikipedia and Kashmiri Wiktionary. The group is also active in covering Kashmir related articles in other languages Wikimedia projects. As a regional user group, it serves to encourage Wikimedians in Kashmir and elsewhere to get to know each other, as well as foster support for events in the region.
News and Announcements
- 21-07-2023: Kashmiri Wikimedians User Group published its first Annual Report.
- To enrich Wikimedia projects in the Kashmiri language by organizing Wikimedia-related events such as group discussions and edit-a-thons.
- To increase public awareness about Wikimedia projects in Kashmir by organizing events and workshops.
- To collaborate with other Wikimedia communities as well as other individuals and groups to promote Wikimedia projects in the Indian subcontinent.
- To increase content on Kashmiri Wikipedia.
- To increase content about Kashmir on other Wikipedias.
This user group plans to hold and support the following activities in future:
- Meetings the user group will be organising meet-ups for its members in order to exchange ideas so that they find new ways to support.
- Edit-a-thons to help new Wikipedians learn editing techniques, to create, translate and improve content in all Wikimedia projects or work on and develop a certain topic which will in return promote the project.
- Editing contests the group will be organizing editing contests to encourage existing regular editors to keep editing Wikimedia projects and also encourage non-members/users to join.
- Photographic Contest and trips the group will also organise trips and contests to encourage users to upload and document files to commons which will be used in all Wikimedia projects.
- Other promotions The user group will also serve as a means of promotion for Kashmiri Wikipedia.
You can contact the following users for any help or post the message on the talk page.