Learning patterns/Information about FOSSASIA participation/attendees Type
What problem does this solve?
Also, some previous research into the type of the audience helped me to customize my talk accordingly. For FOSSASIA, below are the insights into the audience diversity:
- Not everyone is from a tech background
- There are various native speakers of several languages
- The talks have an audience strength of around 40 people on an average
- The audience has many students too (who are willing to take the opportunity of involving themselves with open source)
What is the solution?
Keeping these points in mind, I had planned on moving ahead with discussing the extension with focus on:
- basic key idea
- how was it created
- challenges faced
- future work
- explain steps for installing the extension
- a slide showing all the links to relevant webpages
- questions- 2-3 mins
In short, for a conference like FOSSASIA, it's better to not get into lots of technicality - since people are not prepared and not all are from tech background. it's better to rather discuss the idea behind the project.
Things to consider
When to use
FOSSASIA and/or similar conferences