Learning patterns/Show statistics to GLAM partners
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Show statistics to GLAM partners
problemYour GLAM partner wants to know how the media they have shared are being used.
solutionCategorize the images and setup a BaGlama for that.
creator• Jan Ainali (WMSE)
created on28 March, 2014
What problem does this solve?
Your GLAM partner wants to know how their images are being used in the Wikimedia universe and if they are being seen by anyone. This is important to them, so that they can show that what they have invested time in is having an impact.
What is the solution?
Choose a category for all the media shared by the institution and make sure all media is categorized in that category. Tell Magnus Manske, the maintainer of BaGlama which category it is. Wait and find the statistics at: http://tools.wmflabs.org/glamtools/baglama2/ Teach the insitution how to read and interpret the results, so that they can look it up themselves in the future.
- The name of the category may vary, but are usually on the form: “Media contributed by X” or “Images from X”. Try to find a name that will fit potential future uploads too.
When to use
Find exemples here: http://tools.wmflabs.org/glamtools/baglama.php?
- Learning patterns
- Evaluation learning patterns
- Draft learning patterns
- Learning patterns not yet ready for translation
- GLAM learning patterns
- Content release partnerships learning patterns
- Reporting patterns
- Wiki design patterns
- Content learning patterns
- Participation learning patterns
- Moderate complexity patterns
- Evaluation measurement learning patterns