MediaWiki Club, India is a Wiki-tech club in India, which was planned and proposed during the MediaWiki Training 2017. Indian Wikimedians who are interested in the technical aspects of the Wikimedia Movement are invited to join. They are also invited to contribute and share their knowledge.
The club's main aim is to discuss and promote Wikipedia in all possible ways. People are invited to the club to share the power of public collaboration for the development of this free, open and rich encyclopedia. A large number of people volunteer to make their contribution in different ways to this community.
The club intends to conduct several workshops in (primarily) Engineering colleges throughout India on improving the usability and user-friendly capabilities of Indic language Wikipedias through active involvement and participation with the editor base contributing to the various Indic Wikiprojects. These workshops are expected to have an overwhelming response from Engineers and other technocrats.
The activities of the club may include:
- Conducting Wikipedia and MediaWiki orientation workshops.
- Periodic Hackathons and Technical editathons.
- Increasing and improving the usability and user-friendly capabilities of (primarily) Indic language Wikipedias through active involvement and participation with the editor base contributing to the various Indic Wikiprojects.
- Engaging in collaborative editing sessions with content contributors to try and narrow down the gap between Technical and Non-technical spheres among the Wikimedia Movement in India.
- Undertaking projects like Wikipedia Takes Your City, [India] and WikiWomens Day, [India] and what help/assistance the organizers might need.
- Organizing social events like MediaWiki Club India, Summit to spread awareness.
- Representing Wikipedia at student fairs to recruit new editors and participants.
- Conducting outreach programs on different Engineering College campuses across India by discussing the various Technical facets (such as and MediaWiki) in Wikipedia with students and faculty members.
If you are interested to join, please add your name here.