|This page is outdated, but if it were updated, it may still be useful. Please help by correcting, augmenting and revising the text into an up-to-date form.|
Copyright © 2003 To display author information, please check the "Page history" of pages.
By clicking "Save page" you are indicating you grant the Wikimedia Foundation a license to use your work under terms of the above bolded text. If you do not agree with these terms, then do not submit your work to this website.
Publication of Meta content by third parties
You may use the same title as the Meta-Wikimedia pages but trademark law prevents you from advertising the Meta-Wikimedia or Wikimedia names without our written permission. This does not prevent you from giving either Meta-Wikimedia or Wikimedia credit for the work by name; as a matter of fact we very much appreciate all the credit we can get (this is a separate issue from author credit; see below). But it does legally prevent you from leading your readers to believe that your version of our work is in fact an official Meta-Wikimedia or Wikimedia publication. See below for more.
Use on the Internet
- Mention Meta-Wikimedia as the source (not mandatory; but appreciated)
- Provide a functional link back to the Meta-Wikimedia page (this satisfies the author credit requirement of our license)
- State that the text is available under the CC-SA License, or the GFDL where appropriate
- Link to a copy of the relevant license[s] (preferably stored on your own server)
- Make your version of the text machine readable (meaning: you cannot prevent others from copying the text)
Use in hardcopy
If you are the owner of content that is being used on Meta-Wikimedia without your permission, then please contact our Designated agent to have it permanently removed (you may blank the page but the text will still be in the page history). You may also contact us via our mailing list or place the page title of the offending page on Meta:Requests for deletion. We will, of course, need some evidence to support your claim of ownership.