Meta:Image and media use policy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The following is a proposed Wikimedia document. References or links to this page should not describe it as supported, adopted, common, or effective. The proposal may still be in development, under discussion, or in the process of gathering consensus for adoption (which is not determined by counting votes).|
Meta-Wiki should have an image use policy which determines which images are appropriate for hosting locally at meta.wikimedia.org
- See similar types of policies such as:
- Wherever possible, images and media hosted locally at meta.wikimedia.org that are determined to be free content should be moved to Wikimedia Commons.
- Speedy deletion: - (From Meta:Deletion policy - Criteria for speedy deletion - Images):
- Noncommercial or by-permission-only images.
- Orphaned images placed in Category:Images with unknown source for at least a week.
- Images should be within a certain scope. The exact parameters of this scope should be determined, and a discussion relating to this is needed.
- Non-free content
- Help:Images and other uploaded files
- Meta:Templates/Image namespace
- Meta:Deletion policy
- Meta:Inclusion policy
- Meta:Fair use
- Delete: this page does not belong on Meta
- Meta:What Meta is not
- Wikipedia:Image use policy
- ↑ [WikiEN-l] Non-commercial only and By Permission Only Images to be deleted, Jimmy Wales, May 19, 2005.