Please remember to:
For older conversations you can see the archive index.
- @22.214.171.124: Why? I don't want everyone vandalizing our projects but I do want everyone to be able to read them. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 01:44, 27 February 2017 (UTC)
- We try to be as least restrictive as possible, blocking someone from using an account or making edits is because it is disruptive to others. As far as reading goes, their reading is not disruptive (and they could just log out to read anyway). — xaosflux Talk 02:01, 8 May 2018 (UTC)
Possible to see which address uses my Wikipedia login?
In seeing someone attempting to use my Wikipedia login, I would like to know which IP address the attempt came from. Is this possible with the current user access?
- @Vectrexer: that type of information is not available at this time. We are looking in to it for the future, you can follow this task for updates: phab:T174388. — xaosflux Talk 01:59, 8 May 2018 (UTC)
My apology when I am at the wrong place but I am looking for info about SecurePoll. I have asked a question here Talk:SecurePoll but there is no response (yet). What is the best place to get more info about the use of SecurePoll on other Wikipedias? The Banner (talk) 12:32, 28 August 2018 (UTC)
- Maybe at mw:Extension:SecurePoll, where you can find the technical details of the extension. I see some replies already at Talk:SecurePoll. Regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 15:23, 28 August 2018 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 11 January 2019
2A02:2F01:620F:3D00:C899:2702:F8B1:3E6E 15:40, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
- It was being vandalized, I've unprotected the page if you would like to start a discussion. — xaosflux Talk 15:49, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
Proposing a new OAuth consumer denied, though I am a confirmed user
I'm trying to create a new OAuth consumer for an app targeted at an editing team, but when I visit the propose special I get the message:
You do not have permission to propose new OAuth consumers, for the following reason:
I have long been confirmed on en.wikipedia; on meta I have confirmed my e-mail address, and even removed, re-added, and re-confirmed it in case something was in a halfway state, but to no avail. Can anybody suggest a way forward? Thanks!