Movement Strategy/Initiatives/Global revenue generation policy & fundraising strategy
You can read this page in your own language on the Movement Strategy Forum.
Global revenue generation policy & fundraising strategy
In order to increase the Sustainability of Our Movement, a revenue generation policy and a fundraising strategy should be created to apply for all Wikimedia Movement entities. This policy will not only apply to the Wikimedia Foundation, but to all affiliates as well. The goals of this policy are to identify how the Foundation and affiliates can raise money, to allow affiliates around the world to take part in fundraising, and to diversify the revenue sources of the movement.
- Create a policy applying to all Movement entities to outline rules for revenue generation and to define what may be adapted to local context and needs. This policy will balance sustainability, our mission and values, and financial independence. In accordance with this policy, we will:
- Distribute the responsibility of revenue generation across Movement entities and develop local fundraising skills to increase sustainability.
- Increase revenue and diversify revenue streams across the Movement, while ensuring funds are raised and spent in a transparent and accountable manner.
Apply for a Movement Strategy implementation grant to create a project that advances this initiative.
If you need help in getting involved, please don't hesitate to get in touch directly with members of the Movement Strategy and Governance Team. They are here to help!
You can write to the team in any of 19 languages (listed on the team's page), by writing an email to: email@example.com
|Initiative||Project||Stakeholder type||Project lead||Geography of the project||Implementation Phase|
|4. Global revenue generation policy + fundraising strategy||Overall Initiative Coordination|
|4. Global revenue generation policy + fundraising strategy||Wikimedia Enterprise||WMF||Enterprise||Global||Execution & Implementation|
Related documents and discussions
- Fundraising reports by the Wikimedia Foundation
- Fundraising updates by the Wikimedia Foundation
- Fundraising and Funds Dissemination process recommendations (2011-12)
- Resource Allocation recommendation #G: Allocate resources for capacity and sustainability
- Revenue Streams recommendation #4: Expand global fundraising
- Revenue Streams recommendation #5: Develop non-fundraising revenue streams for affiliates
- Revenue Streams recommendation #6: Set a goal of financial sustainability for all movement actors
- Revenue Streams recommendation #7: Diversification of revenue channels