Movement roles/Working group meeting 2011-1-29
This is an overview of the Movement roles meeting held in Frankfurt January 29 and 30. It will include links to any outcomes of this real-life meeting of the group. The group has been discussing this topic online for the past months, but a real-life meeting was very helpful in making progress and resolving misunderstandings.
We met to identify potential problems, common grounds and to inspire discussions and conversations, not to make decisions -- with the details movement proposals such as a charter to be developed here with input from all stakeholders.
We tried to organize the meeting notes and give some context to give you a better impression of the event. These notes are shared in the order of discussion and with minimal editing, for transparency. The raw notes included shorthand and questions which have been expanded and merged into the notes. More developed proposals, wordings and summaries will be linked to from here and used to initiate discussions on mailing lists and here on the wiki.
Agenda and goals
- Review what we have heard on the wiki and through interviews
- Share understanding of best practices within Wikimedia and among peer movements
- Review tough topics, cluster and prioritize
- Discuss in smaller groups, share results
- Plan future participation of the movement
- Sketch out suggested elements of a charter
- A draft charter by late March, to share and discuss in Berlin with the chapters and the Wikimedia Foundation Board.
- Final recommendations by August, to share at Wikimania in Haifa.
- Full notes from the two-day meeting.
- Tough topics identified and discussed.
- Ideas for specific roles and a roles matrix for the movement, defining how important roles might relate to the various organizational groups
- Reflections on answers to initial questions on the wiki and from interviews with Wikimedians during the weeks leading up to our meeting in Frankfurt.
+ Joined since the last meeting