- Event name
- GLAMcamp Amsterdam
- Description of your participation
I took part in different discussions, especially about participation and communication in GLAM activities sharing the experience in Chile with the Museum of the Remembrance and the Library of the National Congress. Also I took part in the discussion about QRpedia and how it can be applied at the Museum of the Remembrance, especially dealing with potential problems of vandalism. I also have the opportunity to engage with people from different countries: the main contacts were with members of Wikimedia Nederlands and Wikimedia España about the possibility of realize "Wiki Loves Monuments 2012" in Chile and the rest of Latin America; NL helped to explain how the contest works and how we can enter as Iberocoop, while ES shared their experience and how they can work with us inside Iberocoop. Also, I contacted with Sarah Stierch and Melanie Dulong and we talked about the idea of hosting a small Wikiconference in Santiago in March 2012.
- What lessons were learned that could help others in similar events?
Sharing experiencies is a really important aspect in events like this one. Even though presentations and discussions are great opportunity, sharing with other people can give you good insights about their experiencies, their problems and the differences between your own reality and theirs. The only problem with this kind of events is that is really focused for people that have already hosted some kind of GLAM projects and it is a bit more difficult for those without past experiences.
- What impact did your participation have on the Wikimedia Mission goals of Increased Reach, Increased Quality, Increased Credibility, Increased and Diversified Participation?
We expect to increase participation of the Chilean (and Latin American) community with the realization of the following events in 2012:
- The proposal to be part of WLM next year was well received in Iberocoop and currently we are in coordination to concrete that idea.
- WikiConference in Santiago will be proposed to the board of Wikimedia Chile this week.
- Also, the Conference will be a good opportunity to include people from the Technical Staff of the WMF to engage with university students.
- Detail of expenditures
- Flight from SCL to AMS: 1254,59 €
- Accomodation: 120 €
- Amount underspent/left-over (please specify currency)
- $ 0.