PhilWiki Community/Board Meeting Minutes/2020/April 25
Minutes of the Board Meeting of April 25, 2020, 1:00-3:30 pm Philippine Time
Executive Board Meeting
Present: Irvin Sto. Tomas (Chair), Steven Fung (Secretary), Froy Beraña, Maffeth Opiana
Absent: Anthony Diaz, Ramon Olaño, Marvin Molin
Place: virtual meeting via Zoom and Facebook messenger video call
Time: 1:00-3:30 pm Philippine Time
- Pending the appointment of Ramon Olano Jr as Auditor, pass a resolution on standing the following standing committees: Advocacy, Diversity, Education, GLAM, Outreach
- Pass a resolution on community coordination (project-based): Bikol, Cebuano, and Rinconada Wikipedias and Bikol Wiktionary in the Incubator, among others.
- Discussion on the proposed activity Philippine Wikipedia Month, to be patterned on Wikipedia Asia Month,
- Collectible fees from members
- Other permits for our company
- Opening of bank account
- Matters outstanding: still missing from our chapter application are: financial report, board meeting and resolution
- Ramon Olano Jr provisionally appointed as Auditor, pending his acceptance of this role.
The members present agreed to draft a resolution on the following Advocacy groups (with their respective leaders): Ramon, Diversity: Irvin, Education: Froy, GLAM: Anthony, Outreach: Maffeth
There was a discussion on enhancement for Philippine Wikipedia Month, such as edit-thons. The Board agreed to focus on the promotion of the specific Philippine region that is being highlighted for each month in general, rather than focus on a narrow range of topics. It is hoped this will encourage more participation from international Wikipedians outside the Philippines. It was agreed to use this event as a stepping stone for further cooperation and collaboration with international groups.
There was the discussion over the payment of fees. These are defined as: a one-off 500 peso membership fee + a 300 peso annual – It was agreed that no specific deadlines should be set, provided that by the next AGM, all members should have no outstanding fees. Failure to pay will disqualify members from attending and voting at the next AGM.
By the next meeting, it was agreed that a bank account should be opened for PhilWiki and the payment of fees.
Miscellaneous/matters outstanding: The Annual Report for 2019 is just missing one page, otherwise almost complete.