|PhilWiki Community |
Philippine Wikimedia Community User Group
|Approval date||17 October 2015|
|Official language(s)||Philippine languages|
|Other language(s)||Central Bikol language|
|Reports||Link to reports|
|Facebook group and Facebook page|
Philippine Wikimedia Community User Group or PhilWiki Community (PH-WC) is a free, open and vibrant community of Filipino volunteers and editors from all over the world believing in the mission and vision of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. As an affiliate organization, our community envisions to promote and develop Wikipedia in the Philippine languages through cost-effective, creative and innovative projects and through partnership with local government units, government agencies, academe, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector. On 1 June 2015, the Community was formed to serve as an organization of unaffiliated Wikipedians in the Philippines. The Affiliations Committee (AffCom) of Wikimedia Foundation recognized the Community on 17 October 2015.
PH-WC is based in Naga City, Camarines Sur which is located right between Manila-based Wikimedia Philippines and Tacloban-based Sinirangan Bisayas Wikimedia Community. On 4 January 2016, PhilWiki Community earned a seat in the Harong sa Literatura asin mga Tataramon Bikolnon Council (literally, "House of Literature and Bikol Languages") which is composed or different representatives from the public and private sector. The Executive Order was signed by the city mayor of the City Government of Naga and became effective immediately.
Currently, the Community is not a legal entity. It is just an association of Wikipedians and individuals with common aspirations. We intend to register the Community in the future as a non-stock, non-profit organization according to the Philippine law.
The Constitution and By-Laws of the organization was adapted on 1 June 2016. Its first set of officers and board of trustees on 28 March 2018.
- To initiate, support, promote, and participate in projects of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
- To create, organize, develop, and engage in activities that promote free, responsibly open-content resources and reference materials in English, and Philippine languages where there are existing communities.
- To collaborate, cooperate, network, and associate with Chapters and User Groups of Wikimedians as well as with institutions, organizations and individuals to promote the free culture movement.
- To conduct edit-a-thons in universities and libraries that will encourage students, teachers and other individuals to the use of the local languages in writing Wikipedia articles on literature, local histories, culture and traditions, and the arts;
- To increase entries of Tagalog Wiktionary and to create editions in Bikol Sentral, Pangasinan, and Cebuano;
- To activate the Bikol Rinconada Wikipedia and Hiligaynon Wikipedia;
- To translate the interface of Wikimedia projects in Bikol Sentral, Tagalog, Pangasinan and Cebuano;
- To contribute images, audios and videos to Wikimedia Commons about the Philippines through photo-scavenger hunts, edit-a-thons, cultural walks, cruises, expeditions and tours.
The Affiliations Committee of Wikimedia Foundation provisionally approved the Community on 17 October 2015 for three months. The group's first activity in its initial period of recognition included outreach events in Minalabac and Naga City in Camarines Sur, supporting the editathons held at Tacloban City and Palo town both in Leyte province, and Wikipedia Takes Rinconada at Iriga, Camarines Sur.
Wikimedia Conference (2018)
Philippine language Wikipedias
Total Articles: 6,753,133
Total Edits: 33,231,106
Other projects are in Incubator.
Interested in participating
If you are interested in taking an active role in the working group, please signify below your intention to join this group. Our group is interested to undertake projects of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
- Maffeth.opiana (talk) 02:41, 5 July 2015 (UTC)
- Geopoet (talk) 09:09, 6 July 2015 (UTC)
- Filipinayzd (talk) 09:14, 6 July 2015 (UTC)
- Eduardo Canela, PhD. (talk) 09:14, 7 July 2015 (UTC)
- Ringer (talk) 08:55, 7 July 2015 (UTC)
- Steven*fung (talk) 13:35, 7 July 2015 (UTC)
- Sailesh Patnaik (Talk2Me|Contribs) 17:00, 7 July 2015 (UTC)
- Ivyoutiful (talk) 14:36, 9 July 2015 (UTC)
- Nothing7898 (talk) 11:10, 10 July 2015 (UTC)
- Rinconada (talk) 11:45, 29 July 2015 (UTC)
- Brazal.dang (talk) 07:01, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
- Katimawan2005 (talk) 15:30, 8 September 2015 (UTC)
- Elmer Nev Valenzuela (talk) 09:34, 22 January 2016 (UTC)
- Magbantay (talk) 10:34, 2 February 2016 (UTC)
- John Paul Collantes | Jp2593 (talk)13:00, 7 March 2016 (UTC)
- ~Manila's PogingJuan 15:27, 15 July 2016 (UTC)
- Korean Rail Fan (talk) 10:34, 28 March 2017 (UTC)
- FroyAgta (talk) 5:57, 10 March 2017 (UTC)
- MarvinBikolano (talk) 5:57, 10 March 2017 (UTC)
- Jordz (talk) 08:29, 14 November 2017 (UTC)
- Lsj (talk) 09:57, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
- Jeth888 (talk) 12:44, 21 January 2018 (UTC)
- Shenalyn2018 (talk) 09:57, 7 March 2018 (UTC)
- ShiminUfesoj (talk) 12:36, 6 April 2018 (UTC)
- Bumbl loid (talk) 05:30, 6 May 2018 (UTC)
- Arius1998 (talk) 06:25, 30 May 2018 (UTC)
- Exec8 (talk) 01:33, 25 August 2018 (UTC)
- Tubanismo (talk) 13:29, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- Ananth subray (talk) 14:01, 8 October 2018 (UTC)
- add yourself
- Recognition of Philippine Wikimedia Community User Group (or PhilWiki Community) - October 2015
- Renewal of PhilWiki Community - August 2016