Grants:Project/Rapid/Wiki Loves Folklore Wikipedia PH 2021
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- To engage new and existing contributors of the community.
- To add freely licensed, and quality images of intangible heritages to Wikimedia Commons.
- To spread awareness about contributing media contents to Wikipedia and its sister projects.
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community? The contest will focus on freely licensed and high quality images of intangible heritages here in the Philippines, that will be contributed to Wikimedia Commons for free usage and spread its importance via usage in Wikipedia articles. The competition is important because it gives us exposure of our intangible heritages. However due to the COVID-19 pandemic, offline activities during the contest will be prohibited.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Village pumps
- Social media promotion
- Press releases
- Word of mouth
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
We will have a jury composed of people from the Wikimedia community and professional photographers. Prizes will be in term of gift certificate and a trophy. The jury will determine the winners of the local contest taking into the consideration the following criteria:
- Technical quality (sharpness, use of light, perspective etc.);
- Originality and creativity;
- Potential usefulness and overall value of the image (including its licensing) to the Wikimedia projects.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
We will utilize those uploaded resources in Wikimedia projects by communicating to contributors through e-mail or talk page.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals?
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 50
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 500
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 100
- Maffeth Opiana - Project Coordinator (oversee all the activities of the Project)
- Ralffralff- Promotion
- MarvinBikolano- Logistics
- Nabin K. Sapkota - Consultant (technical and jury member)
- 1 USD = PHP 48.05 (as of January 4, 2020 according to www.oanda.com)
- Project budget table
|No.||Item||Quantity||Total (PHP)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|1||Social media promotion||1||PHP 7,000||USD 145.68||Sponsored posts to reach wider audience|
|2||Prizes||4||PHP 33,000||USD 686.78||1st prize: Gift Certificate - PHP 15,000 (USD 312.17 )|
2nd prize: Gift Certificate - PHP 10,000 (USD 208.12 )
3rd prize: Gift Certificate - PHP 5,000 (USD 104.06)
Special prize: Gift Certificate - PHP 3,000 (USD 62. 43)
|3||Trophies||4||PHP 6,000.00||USD 124.87||Customized trophies|
|4||Courier fee||PHP 3,000||USD 62.43||Courier for the certificates, trophies and transaction fees for the prizes|
|5||Logistics||PHP 5,000||USD 104.06||Logistics, meetings and unexpected expenses|
|6||Miscellaneous||PHP 2,000||USD 41.62||Percentage tax (3% of the grant) and adjustments|
|7||Administrative expenses||PHP 9,260||USD 192.72||2021 business permit and fees, community tax certificate; bookkeeping fee, 2020 financial statement audit fee|
|Total: PHP 65,260 (USD 1,358.17)|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support --Nirmal Dulal (talk) 05:06, 5 January 2021 (UTC)
- Support -- মৌর্য্য - మౌర్య - Mouryan (Talk To Me ❤) 13:19, 8 January 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support Habib Rabbi (talk) 12:27, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- Support -- Rajeeb (talk) 12:55, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support -- Ralff Nacor (talk) 15:40, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- Support -- ShiminUfesoj 20:29, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support -Filipinayzd (talk) 21:51, 10 January 2021 (UTC)