Grants:Project/Rapid/Irvin Stotomas/10th Bikol Wikipedia Anniversary
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Bikol Sentral Wikipedia we are doing an edit-a-thon at Ateneo de Naga University in Naga City Philippines on November 11 and 18, 2017. It will be a two-day event that will focus on teaching new editors about Wikipedia and other related projects as well as improve and create content in the Bikol Sentral Wikipedia, Tagalog Wikipedia, English Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons. The CBSUA Historical Photographs Digitization Project will be launched at Central Bicol State University of Agriculture in Pili, Camarines Sur on November 25, 2017.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The event will be done in partnership with the Ateneo de Naga University Press (ADNU Press) and the Central Bicol State University of Agriculture-Research, Extension Production and Entrepreneurial Development (CBSUA-REPED). The expected number of people to come is around 35. Relevant Wikimedia communities will be informed about this event at their respective notice boards.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes. There are experienced Wikimedia editors who will join the activity: Ringer, FroyAgta, Jojit fb and Billie bb. They will give introduction to Wikipedia and other related projects on November 11 and 18, and November 25. Aside from editing Wikipedia, these people have participated and facilitated the Open Web Day ADNU (2012), Wikipedia Takes Naga (2012), Open Web Day UNC (2013) and Wikipedia Takes Rinconada (2015/16).
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- The organizers and participants will provide laptops and personal wireless internet modem equipped with prepaid mobile cellular SIM. The proponent of this grant proposal shall request through this rapid grant, a budget to load internet credits for those SIMs.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- The activity is a follow up activity to encourage participants in the past activities to get involved in the movement. A Facebook page will be created to engage them in the project. A meet-up should be held within the next month to plan a follow-up activity which should be held not later than May 2018 to sustain the interest of the participants.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The activity is an attempt to reignite the interest of former contributors and volunteers, and to attract potential editors and partners in the community. The team has a little capacity for financial management and reporting due to lack of this skill and limited available time from work.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 2
- Number of participants: 20
- Number of new editors: 15
- Number of of articles to be created or improved: 100
- Number of bytes to be contributed: 20,000 bytes
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Promotional materials (e.g. event posters) = PHP 3,000 (USD 58.98)
- Prepaid internet load = PHP 300 x 2 modems x 3 days = PHP 1,800 (USD 35.38)
- Swags = PHP 250 x 35 participants and organizers = PHP 8,750 (USD 172)
- Food and drink = PHP 150 x 35 participants and organizers x 3 days = PHP 15,750 (USD 309.625)
- Logistics (including the bus fare and accommodation for 2 pax: Jojit fb and Billie bb) = PHP 7,860 (USD 154.250)
- Miscellaneous = PHP 7,500 (USD 147.18)
Total = PHP 44,660 (USD 876.442) (Note: 1 USD = PHP 50.8680)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Good luck for the event and happy 10th Bikol Wikipedia Anniversary! Best regards from Indonesian team --Beeyan (talk) 01:35, 11 September 2017 (UTC)