- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it.
This is a proposal for closing and/or deleting a wiki hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation. It is subject to the current closing projects policy.
The proposal is rejected and the project will be kept open.
- Explanation by the closing Langcom member: No valid reason per policy given after one week of notice.
- Type: 1 (routine proposal)
- Proposed outcome: closure
- Proposed action regarding the content: should be transferred to Wikimedia Incubator
- Notice on the project: fj:Tabana_levu
- Informed Group(s): (Which chapters, wiki projects, and other community groups have been informed, if any.)
- See past discussion here.
I propose closure of Fiji Wikipedia. There are hardly any native users in the project. Since its creation in 2002, it has 143 articles (averaging 9 a year). Recently, there has been a flood of copyvios/test pages and vandalism in the wiki. Since no one has expressed any interest about the project for 8 years, I propose it be closed. [
- Support-Very long time Fiji wikipedia to grow up.--Aplikasi 19:26, 5 November 2011 (UTC)
- Y - No body in that wikipedias.--Ghoyak 06:51, 6 November 2011 (UTC)
- Support-Very long time Fiji wikipedia to grow up.--Erdemaslancan 21:26, 12 November 2011 (UTC)
- oppose. Is inactivity a valid reason to close the project ? If never such a project goes back to the Incubator, it will be drowned among the test-wikis. Furthermore, it is an official language spoken by 600,000 people in Fiji. --Jagwar 交談 homewiki 00:00, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose: In the next year or two, I'm hoping to do some outreach in the region and having local language projects already there would be helpful when approaching communities to highlight the importance of them in the community. --LauraHale 00:16, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Strong oppose,it even has Main Page.Heavy Metal PST5 11:45, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose. This is ridiculous. I see no reason to close this Wikipedia. Until recently, Oriya Wikipedia only had a similar number of pages, but then interested users came along (after 7 years of that Wikipedia being open) and now there are thousands of articles already. Give it time, somebody do outreach, and eventually I'm sure fj.wp will be an extensive quality encyclopedia in Fijian. --Node ue 18:14, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose In my way, we shouldn't close this Wikipedia, but icactivity isn't a really reason to close one project. Now I tried to connect my other account globally and I found this page - the main page is beautiful.--Zois 09:38, 13 November 2011 (UTC)
- This proposal is against policy. Please familiarize yourself with the policy and give valid reasons. Seb az86556 00:02, 6 November 2011 (UTC)
- I am leaning to support the proposal - it is a dead project. There obviously wasn't enough interest to warrant opening to begin with, and it is a shame that it was. Ottava Rima (talk) 00:40, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Comment I'm not sure how any of this works, but I wanted to make sure that people here know that this was linked to from the English Wikipedia's Village Pump (Proposals) page. Sven Manguard 08:28, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks. I'll remove it. Seb az86556 08:35, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it.