The result was close.--Cometstyles 11:22, 10 January 2008 (UTC)
- I propose to end this discussion in 7 days from now if there will be still no opposition to this proposal. MaxSem(Han shot first!) 10:02, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
Hello. I would suggest to close the Haitian Creole Wikisource, for the following reasons :
- Activity on it is almost non-existent, except for spam and sporadic account creation.
- It is comprised of a few pages in the article namespace, of which :
- It leaves this site without any articles in Haitian Creole. There are a few pages in the other namespaces like templates, half in Spanish half in English.
- I think it has little potential : while Haitian Creole is a 200+ year old language, written production has been quite recent and little material apart from traditional stories would be in the public domain. The only text which I know could fit in the 1987 constitution, currently on ht.wikipedia, and perhaps the first article of the declaration of human rights (I don't know if the rest has been translated). I think this is too small. I may be wrong on this topic as I am no specialist, but this is my impression.
Given the lack of a community (actually, of any participants), of potential and of content, I would propose to close the Haitian Creole Wikisource, and redirect interested people to the Wikipedia for the moment. If a community can be built on Wikipedia, maybe the site can be reopened... one day. Thanks. le Korrigan →bla 19:54, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
- All that arguments are true. At oldwikisource we can find some texts and info at oldwikisource:Main Page:Kreyòl ayisyen. Perhaps those could be moved, or not... -Aleator (talk) 20:54, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
- Woops, I didn't know about those. Maybe it could be better to leave those on oldwikisource, and continue to develop these texts there. Anyway, there aren't many texts there : Kote Ki Pa Gen Dantist (only a few bits translated into Creole), oldwikisource:Ti Diksyoné Medikal (belongs more to wikibooks), and [[oldwikisource:Krengle|an English-Creole dictionary (but I see no proof that it has been put into the public domain or a free license, the company behind it sells the book...). le Korrigan →bla 11:53, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support closure, no content whatsoever. Majorly (talk) 11:59, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support closure: no Haitian Creole content (s:ht:Special:Allpages) and no useful activity besides de-spamming (s:ht:Special:Recentchanges). --A. B. (talk) 16:21, 8 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support closing. No useful content. No Haitian Creole content. --Jorunn 01:15, 10 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support closing and oldwikisource:Main Page:Kreyòl ayisyen can host relevant texts.--Jusjih 06:27, 15 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support closure ThomasV 20:12, 15 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support for the same reason as all the others, no activity, no content. ST47 16:13, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support No real deletion, any useful text is already on oldwikisource; to put it simply we'll have one less spam trap. - εΔω 22:40, 17 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support idem -Aleator (talk) 17:04, 20 August 2007 (UTC)
- Concordo Slade ♠ 22:08, 13 September 2007 (UTC)
- Support no activity, no real useful content.. --OosWesThoesBes 08:46, 21 October 2007 (UTC)
- Support dead project Jaranda | wat's sup 02:36, 28 November 2007 (UTC)
- Support Dead as a doornail. EVula // talk // ☯ // 06:10, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
- Support it's currently being abused as a second Wikipedia -- Prince Kassad 11:11, 14 December 2007 (UTC)
- i'm opposed to it because we are developping some other projects that will need some sources which could come from this wikisource interface.
There are many documents and numerized books on the creole language and its inguistic theory and evolution so that it would be difficult to offer an other space, as that one is dedicated to ...
many Thanks for your attention
- it's true that this interface was dieing, but i'm ready to maintain it. i've found some collaborators who are ready to fill important sections on it.
i just hope that things will grow up quickly.
thx for your attention Masterches 16:01, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
- i'm still opposed to its closure due to a growing interest in haitian creole language. I proposed to an amount of contributors to look at this project recently. I propose to wait several months before taking a final decision. The activity on the wikipedia is growing, the community is growing and projects in relation with haitian creole (on the wikimedia, wiktionary, wikiquote,translation on beta-wiki ...etc) are being promoted. I think it's a lack of organization which causes that and i'm trying to motivate contributors.
Thanx again for your attention.
--Masterches 19:44, 10 January 2008 (UTC)