This page is copypasted from Phabricator, where it was set as invalid. If you know the better place, propose it via Discussion page.
This page is a request to Phabricator.
Firstly I am sorry, if this is not a proper way, how to solve this issue.
Danny B. abuses his reputation in Phabricator to stop changes on projects he doesnt like. The method used is to deny the community consensus and sometimes blemish the requester.
Examples how community consensus is eroded in Phabricator
Here I link two issues.
Enable Extension:Babel's category on Czech Wikiversity
- Community consensus: https://cs.wikiversity.org/wiki/Wikiverzita:Diskusn%C3%AD_prostor/Archiv_2014#Babel
- Request on Phabricator: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T67211
- There is a question to the community, disussion starts localy
- Danny B. tryes to remove the asignee, who starts to work on that, there is an argument between them
- Community decides: https://cs.wikiversity.org/wiki/Wikiverzita:Diskusn%C3%AD_prostor/Archiv_2014#Koment.C3.A1.C5.99e_.28Babel.29
- Danny B. say, there is no community consensus and invites friends to cs.wv to attack the consensus of the community (user Tchoř)
- The interest of active community in discuss it again and again weekens, but it come again to the same consensus: https://cs.wikiversity.org/wiki/Wikiverzita:Diskusn%C3%AD_prostor/Archiv_2014#Konkr.C3.A9tn.C4.9Bj.C5.A1.C3.AD_hlasov.C3.A1n.C3.AD
- Danny B. continues to opose it in Phabricator and talk about "objections" (remeber this word it will come later on)
- Six month passes nothing is done
Namespace Rubrika in Czech Wikinews
The same behaviour of Danny B. to stop the change. While on local project, he doesnt disscused and usually tends to reopen in on very end, he come to bugzilla/Phabricator to deny consensus and talks about "serious objections", wich are trully lies. You can study it by your own: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T36529
Trust of Danny B.
So these are two examples, how Danny B. pushes his will via Phabricator. And there might be more. Its up to you, how you will see these situations, but for me it is trolling. He doesnt wanted those changes to be performed so he uses pretty insidious way to stop it.
You trust Danny B.? But many projects and people doesnt:
- within less than one year pushe to lose rights on Czech Wikipedia: https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedie:%C5%BD%C3%A1dost_o_pr%C3%A1va_spr%C3%A1vce/Danny_B._(potvrzen%C3%AD_2)
There were done two RFCes regarding his techy, manipulative, non consensual behaviour prior that.
- Lost of rights on Wikidata: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Administrators/Confirm_2013/4#Danny_B._.28diskuse_.E2.80.A2_p.C5.99.C3.ADsp.C4.9Bvky_.E2.80.A2_protokolovac.C3.AD_z.C3.A1znamy.29
- Lost of admin right on Czech Wikiversity: https://cs.wikiversity.org/wiki/Wikiverzita:Pravidla_pro_spr%C3%A1vce_a_byrokraty/%C5%BD%C3%A1dost_o_pr%C3%A1va_spr%C3%A1vce_-_Danny_B._-_potvrzen%C3%AD
- Lost of beaurocrat rights on Czech Wikiversity: https://cs.wikiversity.org/wiki/Wikiverzita:Pravidla_pro_spr%C3%A1vce_a_byrokraty/%C5%BD%C3%A1dost_o_pr%C3%A1va_byrokrata_-_Danny_B._-_potvrzen%C3%AD
- Lost of admin rights on Czech Wiktionary: https://cs.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wikislovn%C3%ADk:Spr%C3%A1vci/Potvrzen%C3%AD_pr%C3%A1v_spr%C3%A1vce_Danny_B.
Other examples of disruptive behaviour and simmillar:
- request Czech police to open a criminal delict with some editors
- recent disruptive behaviour on Enghlish Wiktionary: https://en.wiktionary.org/w/index.php?limit=50&title=Special%3AContributions&contribs=user&target=Danny+B.&namespace=&tagfilter=&year=2016&month=-1
- lies to steward and with the argument of "no consensus" and "serious objections" pushes him to remove my rights on Czech Wikiversity: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:PeterSymonds#Rights_removal
- several times missuse rights to block his oponents
- lies to steward and pushes him to oversight harmless information
- lies to OTRS operator about other user, which led to the volunteer kick off from OTRS team
- he also probably enables sitenotice against will of WMCZ chairmain and "forgets" to write it in the log
- probably he threaten chair of wmcz with legal issues
- gets 50+ representative T-shirts from Wikimedia Foundation and since they came to the Czech Republic they have disapered
There might be even more behavioral problems of Danny B. linked, but I am not a person to have a database of them, so I hope it is enough. You may say, there are projects, where Danny B. is an admin and crat. In some, there were also conflicts between him and the community, but due to the luck of policies, these communities cant get rid of him as he is doing everything to stay in possition.
Request to Phabricator
Finnaly, due to the fact, there are a lot of people from the project, who dont trust Danny B. to remove his rights in Phabricator (if he has any and if there are something like rights) and block him as he harm Wikimedia communities.--Juandev (talk) 20:56, 16 November 2016 (UTC)
Reply from bugmaster
Copying those relevant parts of my reply on Phabricator which are related to Phabricator only:
mw:Phabricator/Etiquette applies. Compared to default user rights on Phabricator that every registered account has, in addition the discussed account has rights to create project tags, to batch-edit tasks, and to perform actions via the Phabricator_maintenance account which is currently disabled and could be re-enabled once phab:T142904 is resolved. None of this seems to be directly related to any issues brought up here. So far I fail to see "abuse of their reputation in Phabricator to stop changes" as I do not know how "reputation" perception (plus perceived by whom?) has directly influenced any consensus finding on site configuration. Hence I currently do not see a rationale to remove rights from the account specifically in Phabricator. This request in its current form is invalid. --AKlapper (WMF) (talk) 11:35, 18 November 2016 (UTC)