Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Mara
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Mara|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||mrh (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Mara||Language name in English|
|Language name||Mara reih||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q4175893 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Wikipedia||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikipedia||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Wikipedia_reihpahmaohpa||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikipedia-logo-v2-mrh.svg||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Yangon||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||page, page talk, portal, potal talk,||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task. It will include everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings. After creating the task, add a link to the comment.|
Mara is a Kuki-Chin language spoken by Mara people, mostly Tlosaih tribe living in 30 villages of Chhimtuipui district, southern Mizoram, India and the adjacent villages in Burma.
The Mara (Tlosais) languages belongs to the Kuki-Chin branch of the Sino-Tibetan language family. The speakers of the languages are also known as Mara (Tlosais).
Mara is a recognised language in the School curriculum of Mara Autonomous District Council (MADC). Mara is a compulsory subject for all schools up to Class VII (Middle School) under Board of School Education, MADC.
Mara language is spoken by 56,574 people in Saiha district, Mizoram, India (2011), and 37,000 in Burma (2007).
21:20, 8 July 2020 (UTC)
Mara Wikipedia is the greatest hope of Mara people who love their native language and do not understand English and other languages. It is also the greatest Encyclopedia of Mara.
Arguments in favour
- Support Support--Chhithai (talk) 09:12, 19 January 2023 (UTC)
- Support Support--I completely am in favor about a Mara Wikipedia Hmipha lôhdu (talk) 09:40, 19 January 2023 (UTC)
- Support Support--I completely am in favor about a Mara Wikipedia. Mara Wikipedia is ineeded for Mara People Mara Sapathituh (talk) 04:40, 21 January 2023 (UTC)
- Support Support Taotuhpa40 (talk) 05:14, 21 January 2023 (UTC)
- Support Support Taytay mrh (talk) 05:21, 21 January 2023 (UTC)
- The most important messages are translated 100% at translatewiki.net Lai Tei (Teitei) (talk) 09:34, 19 January 2023 (UTC)