Requests for new languages/Wikipedia West Frisian
Jump to navigation Jump to search
West Frisian Wikipedia
|←main page||Requests for new languages (Wikipedia West Frisian)|
|Please read the handbook for requesters for help using this template correctly.|
- The West Frisian wikipedia will be in the subdialects of it, Westfries, Wierings, Tessels, Vlielands, Enkhuizers, Egmonds, Kennemers, Volendams, Zaans and Markens.
- This is the second request, beacause the first request was only for the West Frisian dialect Westfries, but it's better to make a wikipedia in all the West Frisian dialects. With al the dialects we reach to more people.
- It will be a wikipedia like the Limburgish, Low Saxon and the Zealandic wikipedia, so everybody can write articles in their own West Frisian dialect.
- West Frisian is not the language spoken in the province of Friesland, but it is a group of dialects in the northern part of the province of North-Holland and on two of the Frisian Islands (Texel and Vlieland).
Arguments in favour
- Strong Support - Since West Flemish, Zealandic, Dutch Low Saxon, Limburgish, Frisian, and Afrikaans all have their own flourishing language editions of Wikipedia, the West Frisian language should also be given the opportunity and priviledge to make their mark as well. --Jose77 02:01, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
- Wesfries verdeent gweun 'ne wikipedia. --Ooswesthoesbes 07:01, 25 June 2007 (UTC) Translated: West Frisian deserves a Wikipedia.
- Test project goes good. SF-Language 10:14, 14 August 2007 (UTC)