Requests for new languages/Wikivoyage Portuguese
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikivoyage Portuguese|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||pt (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Portuguese||Language name in English|
|Language name||Português||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||no indication||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Wikivoyage||"Wikivoyage" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikivoyage||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Wikivoyage discussão||"Wikivoyage talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:WikiVoyage-logo.svg||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||UTC||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task. It will include everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings. After creating the task, add a link to the comment.|
The WikiVoyage in Portuguese, one of the largest, was not imported together with the other, I believe by communication failure. So, WMF notify us that we should go through this step for it to be aired, and it might not be necessary incubation phase .
Here is a part of interested volunteers: Wikivoyage/New language versions
I started, even though they said that could be skipped step incubation, the Incubator page, however I'm having a lot of difficulties to create templates, because there is nothing installed on that Wiki, so I preferred to check here with this could be skipped step.
Sooo.. ask what you need, we'll be around.
- I support the idea, and can be administrator, if this is necessary. Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton m 18:24, 17 November 2012 (UTC)
- I'm willing to help especially in the early stages of the project. Raylton P. Sousa (talk) 19:12, 17 November 2012 (UTC)
- I support, willing to become a regular editor. Victor Lopes (talk) 03:08, 18 November 2012 (UTC)
- Support. Vinicius Siqueira (talk) 21:40, 18 November 2012 (UTC)
- Strongly support and will help the project. MetalBrasil (talk) 03:50, 23 November 2012 (UTC)
We are getting nearer to the creation of the project (the XML files are coming closer to me, so to say :P ). Therefore, please check if the settings above in the box are all correct or discuss them if necessary. Especially I would like to recommend against using LiquidThreads, Page Curation, FlaggedRevs and ArticleFeedback v5. Liquid Threads is no longer maintained, and requests to enable it are "on hold". The other 3 extensions can be enabled later if there is the need for it; but for now it would probably be exaggerated to install them on this new wiki (for example, Page Curation is so far only used on en.wikipedia). --MF-W 00:32, 27 November 2012 (UTC) For the record: These were the proposed settings --MF-W 23:33, 10 December 2012 (UTC)
- No problem. I also think it better to make individual requests to bugzilla later. Please do what you think is best at the time.
- Regards - Raylton P. Sousa (talk) 12:11, 27 November 2012 (UTC)