Requests for new languages/Wiktionary Meitei
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wiktionary Meitei|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||mni (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Meetei||Language name in English|
|Language name||ꯃꯤꯇꯩꯂꯣꯟ||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q33868 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||http://ildc.in/ManipuriM/MNfaq.html||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||ꯋꯤꯛꯁꯟꯅꯔꯤ||"Wiktionary" in your language|
|Project namespace||ꯋꯤꯛꯁꯟꯅꯔꯤ||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||ꯋꯤꯛꯁꯟꯅꯔꯤ ꯋꯥ ꯍꯥꯏꯐꯝ||"Wiktionary talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Kolkata||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task. It will include everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings. After creating the task, add a link to the comment.|
Meetei language is the official language of Manipur. It has a population of about 1.5 million according to 2011 census of India . Meetei language is the langua franca of state Manipur.
- Strong Support: One of the most widely used Sino-Tibetan languages in all of India, with a strong written tradition and vibrant community. Manipuris and Northeast Indian are very well connected to the Internet, so with proper recruitment there will likely be no shortage of editors. There should also be one for Mizo (Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Mizo), which is the official language of the state of Mizoram in India. Sabon Harshe (talk) 16:55, 24 December 2019 (UTC)
Dear contributors, as the language committee intends to approve the creation of Meitei Wikipedia, please check and complete the wiki settings as indicated at the top of the page. Ping User:꯴꯰꯴, User:ApakNga, User:Awangba Mangang. --MF-W 17:55, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
- User:ApakNga: thanks for your edits. But, what does "ꯑꯍꯦꯟꯕ ꯁꯦꯝꯐꯝ" in the "additional settings" section mean? --MF-W 12:17, 24 January 2021 (UTC)