Research:Labs2/Hackathons/November 9th, 2013/Meetups/Minneapolis, MN
Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Room reservation has been confirmed from 11AM - 8PM in Keller Hall. 23:44, 19 October 2013 (UTC)
- 10: 30 AM — Arrive at Keller Hall.
- Contact EpochFail about how to get into the building. Receive coffee and donuts.
- 11: 00 AM — Idea sharing (sync)
- Participants review, share, and refine the project ideas in a lighting presentation format. (Tentatively, we'll synchronize with up to 7 other meetups via Google Hangout to share project ideas and progress reports with them.)
- Noon — Lunch & socialization
- Specifics TBA
- 1: 00 PM — Projects groups begin work
- Project groups begin pursuing their projects.
- 6: 30 PM — Final project reporting (sync)
- Project groups report on their activities for the day. (Tentatively, we'll synchronize with up to 7 other meetups via Google Hangout to share results and discuss next steps.)
- 7: 15 PM — Event closing
- Coordinate project reporting, discuss ideas for subsequent meetups or events and reflect on what worked and what didn't.
- 7: 30 PM — Socializing!
- Depending on the size of the group, ages and preferences, we'll decide between a local micro-brewery, sushi bar, Neapolitan pizza or burrito factory.
EpochFail and Nettrom have reserved a room in in Keller Hall at the University of Minnesota. Table space, power, and WiFi will be provided.
To sign up for this event, please add your name to the meetups page.
Need help or more information? Email the hosts.
Before Saturday, November. 9th, make sure that you:
- Contact EpochFail with questions about transportation, wheelchair access, etc.
- Set up a Wikimedia Labs account to get direct access to data. This is optional, but highly recommended.
- (optional) write up your project ideas in the L2 portal. Note that you don't need to file your own project ideas in order to participate. Most projects leaders will be looking for help.
This meetup will occur in the final stretch of the hackathon. We'll have some substantial overlap with 7 other meetups ( Virtual (Europe/Africa), Oxford, UK, Rio de Janeiro, BR, Mannheim, DE, Virtual (Americas), Seattle, WA, and San Francisco, CA), so should have some good opportunities to share our projects ideas and results. EpochFail is working with these groups in order to come to a consensus of when we'll get into a conference call say "hi" and share ideas at the beginning of our day.