Research talk:Wikimedia First Employee Survey
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Some comments on the questions, and the survey (I know it is too late, but maybe useful for future surveys):
- The survey looks terrible if one has the Ghostery browser extension (not sure how common it is, but disabling blocking for the survey site does improve the look)
- Q87/Q10.3: I think the exclamation point after "no end in sight" is a bit disturbing
- Q7.5: the "I am not sure" option is missing
- Q8.2: The terms "local community" and "online community" are ambiguous. I was missing the option "chapter members / volunteers", although they might be considered the "local community", but then again, I consider people who edit online from my country (and especially if they show up at meetups, regardless of chapter membership) to be the local community. (I could imagine that organisations surving languages that span countries could have non-member community members involved in their decision making processes that are not local, maybe they would fit under "online community").
- Q13.4: As sad as it may sound, there should be an option here for "there was no onboarding"
- Q14.3: add none of the above option?
- In general, an interesting data point would have been to ask whether the first employee was a former board member (I think this is quite common). –Bence (talk) 13:32, 20 September 2013 (UTC)